Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can i carry as Mundo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beaumains

09-07-2011

YES! In fact, if you want, you can go standard AD carry build (IE, PhD x2, Ghostblade, Cleaver, boots), and be a better Tryn than Tryn (i.e. do more damage late game, and late late game). Especially if your friend is playing Kayle.

Please note, this is still theoretical as I only recently realized that Mundo's base damage and damage steroid massively outmatch Tryn's (including his free PhD).

EchoRex

09-07-2011

Yes.

But not as easily as other tanky DPS.

Mundo can literally auto attack two shot carry champions late game, but getting to the point in 5v5 where that is possible requires both heavy cs farming and last shotting kills. In 3v3 he is a force to be reckoned with due to innate damage and durability. Mundo is just slightly too weak complete ability package wise to really be considered a carry in 5v5, but in 3v3 he is a monster due to the higher emphasis on early game compared to mid and late game.

Mundo in his current ability package form is just un-balance-able for both 3v3 and 5v5. He really needs a rework keeping the theme of his abilities but changing the implementation of the ideas.

XTreeX

09-08-2011

hmmmm in SR what are his strong points? understanding his role and strengths are essetial to working out if he carry i believe......

Arisulane

09-08-2011

Mundo can move fast the majority of the time because his Ult is pretty much Ghost on low cooldown; and even while ignited it will regenerate enough health to cover the cost of Burning Agony, so with merc treads all CC is fairly negligible against him.

In higher elo I haven't seen a Mundo able to carry games by himself. Regardless of whether you build him super tanky or glass cannon, Mundo will need at least a couple smart teammates with good stunning abilities to initiate and snare competent enemies.

La3eb

09-08-2011

mundo is good but got a proplem HUGE PROPLEM hes abilitys canot get anymore powerful so u stick with AD/AS items or so still it wont help him alot i make him tank tank mundo is as good as carry since u cannot get hes abilitys anymore good just but that item that makes ur healing better and buying that aurura item starthingy i cannot member name can be useful and IE can help u a little bit build it last item tho

The Tardwrangler

09-08-2011

Mundos massive HP regen is crazy, give him itmes like Warmogs, Frozen Mallet, Leviathan(early game if your getting kills/assists) boots and w/e you want last depending on opposition, ive seen mundos with 4k hp + just being unkillable by less than 3 people unless someone has Maz on them

XTreeX

09-08-2011

well i think tank mundo is THE carry mundo lol. being albe to tank everytihng while using cleaverse to beat the **** out of everyone works well i tihnk.