You are being played.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueTycronus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2011

Guys and Gals,

I feel like Riot is just trollin' us due to the overwhelming discussion in the community. Too many people are posting about it and complaining. If I were a part of Riot, I would definitely troll the community for being impatient as heck and sometimes insulting.

Nearly everyone wants this new game type and map, myself included, but first off it is a free game. Sure people pay this and that for skins and champions, but that is what you get for paying. We, the summoners, do not deserve anything else than the chance to use the stuff we buy in the shop while we play. In reality, all they have to do is keep the servers running for them to meet their obligation to us. They may say their priorities are on keeping the community fed and happy, but that does not need to happen anymore in my book.

This game, at this point with all the features we have available to us at the moment, is self-supporting and would still be played if all development on it stopped. Even if all the people angry about the lack of new content being released at a slow rate dropped this game, people would still sign-up. Be it Smurf or first time. Riot knows the community desires new additions and they will make sure it is "perfect" before release. Then they will patch the **** out of it over the next two years.

As far as a release date. They have already had people play it. They have played it. This is what is annoying. We see everything about the map and game type but cannot experience it. In the era of instant gratification we are stuck peering into the window only wishing we could play with this new thing.

Good job Riot, you got them hungry and angry.

It will come when it comes.

Tulki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2011

Me so hungy

need food never die

Quarlow

09-06-2011

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...and-commercial

I'll leave it up to you guys to make the connections here.

KrupsMcGee

09-07-2011

Actually, they don't have any obligation whatsoever to us. They could pack up shop and leave, taking all our accounts with them, and I don't think we'd have any legal recourse (their publishers might though...).

But the fact is we can demand whatever we want, and Riot can try to deliver or not. They want us to keep playing and need us to keep buying Riot points, so they have a real stake in delivering what the community wants.

We can quit and never come back if we get fed up, and if enough people do this it hurts their bottom line and their overall viability as an esport.

If they are trolling us then they have the dumbest executive of any software company ever.

Kilrathi

09-07-2011

Keep in mind that it's one thing to get it up and running on a few servers at a Con and another thing entirely to have the game ready for worldwide release. You need to make sure all your bugs are squashed, servers can handle the load (I'm already anticipating huge log-in delays when it first comes out) and all that sort of thing - I'd much rather they take the time to make the release work than rush it out. Imagine the freakouts if they released it and it was buggy or didn't work well? That's a huge loss as compared to just delaying the game a bit and debuting it correctly...