Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion, Seriously Riot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sdsman16

09-06-2011

lol guys a red posted yesterday and he suggested that the release of dominion was held back because they were preparing the servers for the mass of people trying to join ques so wait for the servers to be ready and then we get dominion i mean how mad would u be if it was finished downloading and u started ur first game and it crashed for everyone and was offline for like a day or two i would rather wait

cdDestroy

09-06-2011

Quote:
Sdsman16:
lol guys a red posted yesterday and he suggested that the release of dominion was held back because they were preparing the servers for the mass of people trying to join ques so wait for the servers to be ready and then we get dominion i mean how mad would u be if it was finished downloading and u started ur first game and it crashed for everyone and was offline for like a day or two i would rather wait

I just dont exactly understand how implementing a new game mode is going to be so much more stressful on the system compared to SR. All it means is all those people "taxing" the system with dominion games wont be playing SR. The server influx should not be much greater than any normal patch day.

Styx117

09-06-2011

its k guys, it doesnt take nearly as long to release Dominion as it takes to releaves Diablo 3 >.>

Shadowsaint

09-06-2011

I agree, its so ****ing stupid. The mode is complete and working. Just LAUNCH TO ****ING THING NOW AND BALANCE AS YOU GO.

Nate Tow

09-06-2011

Why complain?

Some games, "soon" means a year (or the end of the year, sometime in December). Try Conquer Online and see for yourself.

LemmeEatYou

09-06-2011

soonTM

Flodoard

09-06-2011

Quote:
Corndogmaster:
You know I was really looking forward to you guys being true to your post. Soon after PAX, means SOON AFTER PAX. I'm not sure why you guys consistently come out with new champions, new diaries, new skins, when you can't even release a new map everyone has been waiting for now for at least a year. Whenever I see people complaining about dates I usually troll, but now that you guys are releasing the Riven patch before Dominion I'm thoroughly upset with you. You're handing out Demo's at Gamescon, PAX, and IEM, and we can all see it's working fine. Just come out with the map already, we don't want another champion. Stop acting like Blizzard and just release the thing.

your ignorance as to how programming works is astounding.
Furthermore, your perception of soon is subjective.
Before you insult someone, make sure you don't sound so dumb

Hidden Sniper

09-06-2011

Quote:
paynechips:
Why can't you people just wait? I mean, I know Summoner's Rift and TT get pretty boring, but you still need to wait, would you want this game with nothing but complaints, unbalances, and whatnot, or would you want a CRISP, CLEAN, FINISHED product that is what everyone expected from it?

No! I want to go: "Oh yeah, I remember at Dominion release when etc, etc,etc, were imbalanced. Was crazy. Oh man, and the patch time? The server was down for a week, unlike the server downtime of a day that you normally get with a champion being added."

beradical

09-06-2011

Quote:
FiddleChick:
And being patient means BEING PATIENT
edit:

downvotes cuz its the truth, kids these days.

Downvotes cause your such a fanboy you don't see the problem here.....

All this going on while Riot staff is playing Dominion themselves and worrying about what will crash first when they release it.

onionreng

09-06-2011

people being complete idiots saying there was no set date. Yes, no set date was given BUT they did say end of august. That means, end of august not start of september. If they wanted to be vague they shouldve have said august TO september.