[Guide]Warwick is just a win machine

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xrats

05-25-2010

Answer to krald:

Push towers
Gank
Chase
Melt tanks?

Every good dps carry

Pick off Carries in the beginning of teamfights?

Every good carry or almost every one uses cleanse.Your statement is simply false.Especially for ganks there are other heroes that can do it well.

Jungle/control buffs/dragon/nashor better than any other hero? He is the best at it.So?He lucks so many other things.The fact that he is better in one thing doesnt make him a valuable hero.Every hero is better in some things and worse in others.

I have seen Dan many times playing and better WW than him also.They played well but never made a big difference in big battles or in games in general.So,your garbage about "high" elo isnt correct either.

You better have correct statements and better ways to support them next time before being rude with someone.

KillerJukeBox

05-25-2010

[QUOTE=Krald;1388120]Name a hero that do all of these things very very well:

Jungle/control buffs/dragon/nashor better than any other hero
Push towers
Gank
Chase
Melt tanks
Pick off Carries in the beginning of teamfights

QUOTE]

sounds like a well played master Yi, although I must concede he obviously cannot do the last point.

thanks for the tips. eu servers are migrating atm, and the eu site is down, so i thought i'd come lurk here for a bit. aint played warwick since the nerfs. I'l give him a try again later with the tips you provided. thanks a lot.

Ovy

05-25-2010

A couple notes about WW's value:

First, admittedly I am no expert and do not play in high ELO, but its rare in my experience for all carries to have cleanse. Even if you just read some of the better guides on this forum from the top players, few of them say cleanse is mandatory for a carry hero, or even suggest it. Often things like Flash, Ghost, Teleport, and the ganking skills are suggested.

Second, Krald omitted what is in my opinion the biggest strength of warwick - the fact that he is a jungler. Having a second solo lane is HUGE. Nearly every hero benefits from that additional exp (I love playing solo as singed, for example, but am never given mid by a pub team), and almost any competent player can hold that tower for the first 10-15 minutes, if not longer. That experience advantage is crucial to winning early team fights and ultimately, games.

I agree that generally speaking, there are better heroes to have in a team fight than warwick, though it is difficult to think of a better chaser. Sure, most strong carries can get it done, but WW comes to mind as the best. The key question for me is: does having that second solo lane, in addition to jungle/dragon control, make up for any liability he is in team fights? In my opinion, the jury is still out on that one. I'd still like to hear good warwicks explain how they navigate big 5v5 team fights.

Krald

05-25-2010

xrats im sorry bud, but you are just wrong, and you are honestly not worth my time to argue with. To my comment about controlling buffs you simply say so? Really? Like this isn't one of the most important concepts in this game?

Honestly you just keep making blanket arguements, that effectively prove my points for me.

Lastly, numbers don't lie. Warwick is simply my most successful hero, this patch I've had a 91% win ratio with him, and I'm very good with a wide array of heroes. I've used numerous heroes that excel in a certain area greater than warwick, but the fact remains that none of them can jungle fast, and none of them can do such a wide array of tasks, well if played correctly.

Lastly, this is a guide kiddo. It's purpose is to give tips on builds and playstyles on how to effectively play a champion, not a discussion on the usefulness of a hero. Go to the correct forums to argue about that, and stop wasting your time.

Nihil Sine Nefas

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrard View Post
I'd still like to hear good warwicks explain how they navigate big 5v5 team fights.
Positioning is key. If you can catch one of them out of position near the front, it quickly becomes a 5 v 4. Otherwise, you wait for the tank to initiate and target the squishy that's relatively closest to your team. It doesn't matter if they're the carry, caster or support, as long as they're squishy. You definitely don't want to go out of your way to target a squishy who is hiding way in the back.

As soon as the first target is down, back off if you know they're coming to target you and let your team get to work. Then get back in with your Q and W and continue to go for the closest squishies. With your Q and W buff, you can lifesteal a significant amount of health, so it's not like you go down as quickly as Ashe.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2010

So xrats, you are incredibly wrong. Controlling buffs is HUGE, as many champions rely on them to power their abilities enough to get more kills, especially if they are falling behind.

His great dps abilities, chasing capabilities only Kassadin and Akali could rival, and his ability to completely change around team fights on top of something as valuable as control over the power-ups without even having to be fed very much makes warwick a very valuable champion. He is ALSO by far the best jungler, allowing another teammate to solo and get all that exp and gold they would have missed out on if they had a lane mate. But as stated already, this is a guide to help people who want to use him well, and have a better understanding on what role he plays, and how they should play as him. Champion feedback is where you debate the usefullness of a champion.

Great guide. I've been using your build since you've told me about it before you made this guide, and it's been working incredibly well.

Nothin' like taking down Baron in 10 seconds.

Ingriz

Recruiter

05-25-2010

dont have anything constructive to say, but just wanted to say i love the build/strat with this hero. i wanted something different from the same old Bloodthirster/Berserk greaves/Infinity Edge and this certainly was it.

anyways, good guide.

Krald

05-25-2010

<3 molester

even if you weren't my favorite roomate ever, you would still be awesome just because of your name

Mcbooze

05-25-2010

i don't want to sound redundant, but this build just simply works. it's one of those awesome moments where i gave up on a hero and now everything just clicks.

iKickBunnies

05-26-2010

SO I have also mained WW for a while and have 75% W/L although im not high ELO or anything but, I played generally the same way although why the defensive mysteries what will they do for WW?

I used 17/0/13 for magic/armor penn, easier jungling stats and the usually utility mysteries.