Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So what is wrong with dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archmage Ilmryn

09-06-2011

So. You have stated that the patch(and with it maybe dominion) won't come out until next week. I understand that you have your reasons for delaying. Where most of the rage grows is that people don't know why they are waiting.

Since you have shown us that you have a working game mode, there must be some kind of issue that you have to resolve or you would have released it already. What frustrates me to no end is not knowing what that is.

So what is the issue with Dominion? Is there a bug that causes crashes? (I believe a paxgoer said he missed out on playing because the server crashed.) Does lee sin somehow spawn with all warmogs at lvl 18? Do minions start scattering like dizzy chickens when a point is captured? Did Morello spill his coffee on the servers?

@paxgoers-If you noticed any bugs while playing, please share.

911toast

09-06-2011

You are talking about a game working on a small server or LAN played by the developers who do not hunt for exploits during demonstration, versus thousands of people playing on battlenet at once and ruining ranked games through broken play. Why don't you be a little more patient and a little less demanding.

Archmage Ilmryn

09-06-2011

Hey, I'm not saying it should be released immediately. I'm saying that riot should tell us what they are still working on on it.

PikachuSD

09-06-2011

I agree, I think it would calm people, if they knew why it hasn't been released yet

XDC DrSatan

09-06-2011

some of you think that riot has no clue. yes you are right that they are playing in small groups and not looking for bugs. but also what makes you think they will allow ranked games immediately upon release. That would be stupid.
one main reason that you have already pointed out.
thousands of players playing on PVPNET opposed to a few devs and privet servers.
the other thing is they will be using us for a few weeks to check for issues and issue hotfixes and then when and only when they are sure people will not have a problem playing. Then we will get ranked matches.
--- "end Rant."----

Archmage Ilmryn

09-06-2011

Quote:
911toast:
You are talking about a game working on a small server or LAN played by the developers who do not hunt for exploits during demonstration.

Isn't hunting for bugs/exploits to get rid of them part of their job?

EDIT-also, I never said anything about ranked. I understand that ranked is delayed both because of possible bug issues and so no one gets high elo because of luck. I'm talking about the release of dominion itself.

Conner Jade

09-06-2011

Phreak just stated that it is a problem of ensuring that the servers don't crash due to the shorter game time. I will look for the quote.

Season One "Next scheduled downtime" is the Riven patch, yes. This could change but right now that's what it's looking like.

Dominion is something I can't really get into. We're working really hard to make sure it comes out right and when it comes out the servers don't blow up with the massive influx of players + shorter games. I don't have a ton of info on what exactly needs to happen to make that a reality without going and specifically looking into it. I couldn't give you guys a date even if I had one. Sorry I can't give you a better answer.

Anthonyo99

09-06-2011

Where is the link for the patch being delayed a week?

black drack

Recruiter

09-06-2011

there trying to get the bugs out before realesing it becouse we all know with a big update/patch that theres alot of bugs

Divachi

09-06-2011

Season One "Next scheduled downtime" is the Riven patch, yes. This could change but right now that's what it's looking like.

Dominion is something I can't really get into. We're working really hard to make sure it comes out right and when it comes out the servers don't blow up with the massive influx of players + shorter games. I don't have a ton of info on what exactly needs to happen to make that a reality without going and specifically looking into it. I couldn't give you guys a date even if I had one. Sorry I can't give you a better answer. < GM Told me this > i just copy paste .