Dominion: Too much info, too quickly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerrorsNight

09-06-2011

It's easy to frown about the "Lack of new information", but truth be told we already know A LOT of information about Dominion. We've all seen full matches, we know the starting level, the starting gold, the gold per 5 map wide, the new summoner spells and what they do, the SR and Crystal Scar differences as far as items and Summoner spells, the average length of a match, the name of each 5 points, the time for pre-game discussion before the match starts, and the new buffs on the map. Strategies are already being discussed in the form of a tier list for the map as well as how to approach the beginning captures and holding them.

This mode, information wise, is as close to being "Released" as you can get without having the ability to play it. That being said, I don't know how much more information Riot can provide. The troubling thing is with all that information that's been given there's nothing new to spark our imagination or keep us wanting more.

There's only one thing left to do; Play the **** game! That's why people are getting sour. There's nothing left! Riot has given us everything, except the game itself. Try and take it into consideration, Riot, the next time something on this scale is released even though you're being transparent with us, giving us all the information at once will make the release reaction more of a "Finally" rather than an "Awesome!". We know it's finished, with the exception of graphics normalization for less powerful systems and other tweaks.

So, without that kind of slow trickle of information to build us up for release, we are busy discussing anything we can find with the information you've already given, and that is what's making us so restless.

I want to hear the communities opinion on this.
Do you like that we had all the information up front and have had to wait for a game mode we know all about and exhaust our discussion?
Do you think the information should be slowly trickled out with full matches being streamed and put up on VOD's just a few days to really build excitement?
Or alternatively do you like the fact that you can analyze all the information given in a two or greater week period so you can get the best jump on the competition?

Noecens

09-06-2011

^ Totally agree. Also people are getting so angry about the "wait" for Dominion when at least nine months ago I remember stumbling on the dota2 website a couple of months after I started playing lol and that was "coming soon" and is only going into beta testing now... and riot in a couple of months have created a whole new mode to moba gaming as well as provide us with alot of the information and and streams.

people need to chill out, study up and get ready for the game instead of just whining abut not being given info. I also think that it is part of riots plan to have a surprise release, like how they messed us around with the lee sin April fools.

i think this mode will be amazing when it is released and i thank riot for putting alot of effort to make something completely different for us. any information you give us is great. it just breeds anticipation for that inevitable release which i believe will either be in the next couple of days or next patch

Xion Moonray

09-06-2011

It's almost as if the map was finished.

TerrorsNight

09-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noecens View Post
people need to chill out, study up and get ready for the game instead of just whining abut not being given info.
Absolutely agree, it's easy to hate on Riot for not giving us updates but we have all the information we would ever need and we need to begin discussing more strategies and character strength coupled with item choices.

On the flip side of that though, we get constant threads about release that abuses the information that has been so healthfully filtered out to us.

Razikii

09-06-2011

Observation 1: Rotation didn't occur at normal time.
Observation 2: We've been told no patch today.
Observation 3: Labor Day causing Riot to be off of work, thus unable to release the patch the following day.

Hypothesis: Patch tomorrow.

HowIChrgeLazer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2011

In addition to your hypothesis observations: Mac support being ditched today.

Good chance we have a patch tomorrow.

Razikii

09-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowIChrgeLazer View Post
In addition to your hypothesis observations: Mac support being ditched today.

Good chance we have a patch tomorrow.
Because those filthy Macs are gone?

HowIChrgeLazer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2011

Funny story, I'm posting from a Macbook Pro right now (no joke). *sadface*

Love the OS, it's productive, but I'm a gamer primarily. PC is my main choice.

TheChosenEvil

09-06-2011

Riot said no patch update this week.... http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...197357&page=19
:'(

Chiddaling

09-06-2011

Can you guys read? RiotRara stated there will be no patch this week and they are aiming for early next week.

But like that's going to happen right? I'm thinking Halloween we will get Dominion!!