Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cool unusual specs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clinz

05-24-2010

Oh and I almost forgot.

Regarding warwick lifesteal.

Everyone seems to think that warwick -needs- lifesteal items. These people are quite mistaken.

- If you want lifesteal in order to avoid recalling, you already have warwick's passive and his bite, this is more than enough.

- If you still want to increase the lifesteal, you may aswell increase your attack speed, it will cause warwick's passive lifesteal to trigger more often, while boosting your damage output. Hitting 2 birds with 1 stone

- If you want to tank, add armor not lifesteal, your passive lifesteal and your bites will give you enough healing, (spirit visage will further increase your healing by 25%) but armor/resistance will reduce the rate at which your health is lost. This means if you steal 300 hp, it will last much longer than without armor.

- If you have lifesteal, a stun or an ignite will get you killed, if you have defence gear, you will be able to take more hits and survive until the stun/ignite ends.

- Lifesteal is a useful stat for champions that are going to be in the enemy's face using just basic attacks. (Master Yi is a good example). If you are fighting multiple players with warwick tank, you will need to stop attacking and run for a few seconds until bite cooldown is ready... Making your attack damage/attack speed/crit chance/lifesteal less useful.

crimsonlyre

05-24-2010

I am the first one to support odd builds on champions. I never play cookie-cutter builds when I play, cause I find them boring. The fun is truly in the experimentation. But as a Heimer main I have to ask.... why do you leave RoA as your (nearly) last items?

I'd imagine you would be at least 25-30 mins in before your first one is even built, and after that, building anymore would be an utter waste since very few games go beyond 45 min (ill assume this is an SR build, because TT would make even less sense). RoA's are amazing (assuming they get to their full duration), but the quip about mana issues on him is another thing. I'd suggest his very first item be a catalyst if you're going with that build, so he can be kept in a lane properly. Heimer needs a lot of mana to lane properly early on, which is why I'm never found without a chalice or catalyst on him first. (against a good laner, especially in mid, there is no way your build would be able to keep down turrets unless your opponent is a melee... highly unlikely in mid). Aegis is one of the best things on him, so I'll give out my, generally unconventional build for Heimer

Tanky Heimer :3
Meki Pendant > Chalice
Boots
Aegis of the Legion
Boots > Tabi or Mercs
Rylai's Scepter
Guardian Angel
Last item entirely optional depending on setup

Properly aimed stuns, keeping turrets for support... many occasions I've kited multiple melee champs around my turrets with upgrade/rylais. In TT I scored a triple kill against the common Mundo+Jax+ Akali, primarily by well-placed grenades and running around in a circle around turrets :3 Aegis was made for him, and I find I'm best off used as bait for my turrets and allies, since enemies always think of Heimer one of the weakest champs defensively.

very MR heavy I suppose... Thinking about switching Chalice with Catalyst>RoA to balance it a bit, especially considering I usually go with mercs

Supreme1337

05-24-2010

I have a question: Are you T0ggle's clone? You seem just like him. You post horrible builds (as many people have explained before me so I won't elaborate), then you insult anyone who disagrees.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

05-24-2010

Quote:
Clinz:
5. Tyrande (the endless rage guy)

zeal
zeal
zeal
zeal
black cleaver
nashor's tooth

Ok, so I tried this build and went 1-13-4 :<
I kept getting CC'd and dying before I could make use of my high crit%
Do you have any advice for trying to stay alive long enough for me to do some damage?
I dont mind using odd builds when a pro is the one endorsing them. I guess Im just not good enough yet to use them to their full potential.

Thx!

P.S. I never made it to finishing the Cleaver, you think that had something to do with it? Its hard to farm when Im waiting to respawn :/

Clinz

05-24-2010

Quote:
TwoFatNuts:
Ok, so I tried this build and went 1-13-4 :<
I kept getting CC'd and dying before I could make use of my high crit%
Do you have any advice for trying to stay alive long enough for me to do some damage?
I dont mind using odd builds when a pro is the one endorsing them. I guess Im just not good enough yet to use them to their full potential.

Thx!

P.S. I never made it to finishing the Cleaver, you think that had something to do with it? Its hard to farm when Im waiting to respawn :/

I just finished a game 1 minute ago, with Phantom dancer, zeal, zeal, zeal, and black cleaver.

My score was 16 / 1 / 7 (i died once to a turret, i didnt spin away in time)

I was having a hard time attacking until i got the ultimate.

Your issue was the CC right, in 1v1 you pretty much just run up to your target, and whack him to death, just remember to use endless rage when ur hp is about to end. If they try to run, you have the slowing ability and the bladespin to catch up, so its fine, if you think ur not gonna kill em in time, blade spin the other direction and heal up before rage ends.

In a team fight however, what you need to do is give a moment for the fight to start, otherwise you will eat ALL the cc (which helps your team, but doesnt help your score). So once the fight is started, pick a nice target one which has high dmg preferably, and run to it, blow your summoner abilities at it, and again, slow it if it tries to run. Before you die turn on endless rage, and time yourself so you can bladespin away and heal, before rage ends.

Endless rage is the key to this spec's effectiveness, You are extremely easy to kill otherwise, but your ultimate gives you enough time to make a kill and often also get away with it.

Clinz

05-24-2010

oh PS: with your first zeal, you will be able to start jungling too, the crit and atk speed will give you procs to help you heal up.

Whenever you have 8 stacks, use the heal, try not to use it sooner.

Gravitr0n

05-24-2010

Quote:
Clinz:

A: it doesnt suck, ive scored 28 / 4 / 15 in a game using that build, not to mention, i was on the LOSING team, and I was the only reason that my team won the game.

fail.

Clinz

05-24-2010

@ crimsonlyre

The mana issue is true. Heimer uses up a lot of mana.

I use ignite and clarity on heim, clarity will allow me to build as much turrets as i need early game, and i will save rockets only vs players that cannot heal without recalling. Ninja tabl is a very cheap item, so i have no problem starting with it. And the aegis is perfect since it boosts his turret's stats aswell. Then rods of ages push my stats for tanking and naturally for AP.

The last rod, will probably not reach its full potential, but the idea is, the longer i play, the stronger I get. Its reasonable if you get the ring instead of the 2nd rod... but what if the game drags on? you would've benefited from the rod, and now you have less chance for it to be useful.

Clinz

05-24-2010

Quote:
Gravitr0n:
fail.

Actually it was success.

Btw, kudos on the very constructive post!

ThreeLittleBirds

05-24-2010

Just wanna say, spin is useless for tryn in combat. Its only for mobility. Crits are faster and hit way harder. Dont ever use spin in a fight.