No Dominion Tomarrow.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aureas

09-06-2011

Arent you guys forgetting that the talon patch was like 200mb?
Id say thats large enough to be atleast the map.
And have you guys realized that when you go to make a custom game
you can click on one extra area in the map that gives an option to do a dominion game
i mean it errors out but this atleast makes me think that something is in the data related to dominion
and surely talon alone was not 200mb

Shini Laser

09-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureas View Post
Arent you guys forgetting that the talon patch was like 200mb?
Id say thats large enough to be atleast the map.
And have you guys realized that when you go to make a custom game
you can click on one extra area in the map that gives an option to do a dominion game
i mean it errors out but this atleast makes me think that something is in the data related to dominion
and surely talon alone was not 200mb
Um . . . It was 585 megabytes if I recall correctly. However, the patch A. included the new announcer system (probably a nice chunk, possible 50-100 mb) and also included a lot of animations and other things that will be needed for Dominion. If they added some of the models of items in Dominion (i.e. the windmill), maybe, but I doubt the map itself is in game yet as a whole.

Aureas

09-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
Um . . . It was 585 megabytes if I recall correctly. However, the patch A. included the new announcer system (probably a nice chunk, possible 50-100 mb) and also included a lot of animations and other things that will be needed for Dominion. If they added some of the models of items in Dominion (i.e. the windmill), maybe, but I doubt the map itself is in game yet as a whole.
That kinda just adds to my point most if not all they need for dominion is likely already in our clients.

PiIot

09-06-2011

Ya, they said a lot of dominion resources were going to be loaded on the Talon patch, also I think it's somewhat encouraging that we just heard there would be no patch.

I think they were probably trying to get it out today and just were unable to do it. Hopefully sometime this week

Shini Laser

09-06-2011

They said "no patch tomorrow". Does not rule any other day upcoming.

Aureas: The map itself isn't in the client. That is the big thing, since if they included every last thing of Dominion in the client, people would probably offline hack the client to play Dominion early.

VaD Twix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-06-2011

Yeah, They said it would be released right after Pax. But seeing how pax ended last week it could be this week or even next. Just don't get your hopes up.

p.s. I want icecream

Godlylordyaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbjectFear View Post
p.s. I want icecream

Me to

Divachi

09-06-2011

Season One "Next scheduled downtime" is the Riven patch, yes. This could change but right now that's what it's looking like.

Dominion is something I can't really get into. We're working really hard to make sure it comes out right and when it comes out the servers don't blow up with the massive influx of players + shorter games. I don't have a ton of info on what exactly needs to happen to make that a reality without going and specifically looking into it. I couldn't give you guys a date even if I had one. Sorry I can't give you a better answer.

Zeiitgeist

09-06-2011

Now i can make my homework and exams this week while screaming DEMACIA in tears of sadness

Divachi

09-06-2011

A GM Word not mine