[Guide] AP Akali Bring the Burst

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Memphetic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipsus View Post
I personally think Phage is not worth it as a slow item. You generally won't be auto-attacking more than once or twice and that's 50% chance of slowing a fleeing enemy at best. Either rush a frozen mallet, or rylai's, like all the other guides out there recommend
Actually, if you attack twice, it's a [1-((1-.25)^2)]% (or 43.75%) chance of slowing. Simple probability here! :-P

kyoukitenshi

07-31-2010

IMO, isn't a long sword better as your first item instead of amp tome? The spell vamp seems more useful earlier, especially AP. You already do enough damage early game without AP and the spell vamp will let you stay in the lane longer, correct?

Squawl

07-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipsus View Post
I personally think Phage is not worth it as a slow item. You generally won't be auto-attacking more than once or twice and that's 50% chance of slowing a fleeing enemy at best. Either rush a frozen mallet, or rylai's, like all the other guides out there recommend

wrong..end result with this build is you get 3500 hp as a heavy dps/burst champion. good luck finding a stronger more viable champion with this build. akali has natural dmg attributes that surpasses any other champion trying to build survivability gear over dmg gear.

Squawl

07-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Vincent III View Post
Phage and Boots of Swiftness is tad bit overkill. If you're already moving fast, then why do you need to slow them down? Also your R allows you to catch up target in any situations and dropping W after R is effective enough that you don't really need Phage.

If you need Health, you can invest on other items that gives you a lot of health for a cheap price.

IMHO, Phage or even Frozen Mallet is more usefull for tanks.

After note: If the guide is about "burst", it's strange to find something about "survivability" specially when it includes "I'm just not a fan of flash, and you shouldn't get yourself into trouble in which you need it." Because if that's true, they why do you need item for survival?

Just my 2 cents.

you sound like someone that sits in a classroom all day and knows jack **** about life. why dont you try the build and figure out what the hell the kid is talking about before coming up with pointless ideas to waste my time reading?

Mr Geppetto

08-01-2010

Hey, this guy knows a lot for a junior member.

Unless you're one of the best players of LoL your winrate will be around 50%, because matchmaking tries to set you up against players of similar skill. It's not a good indicator of how good you are.

The author should come back and update. Haunting Guise doesn't give spell vamp anymore.
Oh, and I'd agree with a lot of the people in this thread who are saying to build burst over things like HP and slow. That stuff costs money, yo.

MORRRPPH

08-02-2010

pure ap still the dps build to go?

Orasikz

08-11-2010

Just used this build in a game and it was a huge success. Was doing great burst damage and went either 11-4 or 12-4 not sure.

TheFrehsman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2010

yea hybrid Akali is still the best IMO i use my own personal build and get at least 20 kills a game in fact my previous game i went 41-4 so yea

AP Akali is not as good for EXPERIENCED Akali players as Hybrid Akali

However if your a noob go for AP it will help you learn to play...hopefully

aznwillyy

08-17-2010

I find that mpen boots are always better than ms 3 boots, you don't need the speed to chase once you get rylai's.I also find that lich bane before zhonyas is better.

Stargazer314

Recruiter

08-21-2010

I find using zeal gives you enough move speed to chase/run and it gives the extra attack speed, which is a nice bonus.