[Guide] AP Akali Bring the Burst

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

orcrist

06-05-2010

i would tell you what your missing but...... its MY BUILD!!!

sTrikerT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2010

rylai is a must on her, since her spells got short cd and she really doesn't have reliable slow except the aoe.
stack ap if you want to jump in and burst insane dmg, imo abit cd reduction can increase her output because shes squishy and doesn't out last in a hand to hand combat. so the advantage is to jump in, cycle her spells, hide with aoe while cd is finished and repeat.

Solstus

06-13-2010

Here is my Guide to akali there are some similarities but mostl this is the best burst build from my experience. http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...rry-build-3286

Raccool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2010

Don't advertise your guide in someone else's guide... That's just bad form.

Solstus

06-13-2010

Oh sry about that i just gave pointers since the build is almost exactly the same just giving him an example of what others was saying. Wasent my intention to offend anyone.

Boldizar

06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyHobbit View Post
I haven't been able to try getting the passive from level one and I'm not sure how useful it would be.
If you want 10 AD from level 1, the easiest way is to get Brute Force in the Offense tree, a Doran's Blade, and make up the last point through runes (a quint or a few marks). Your harass suffers a bit, but you'll be much better off in a difficult lane with the extra 120 health, spell vamp, and life steal. In some lanes you need her Q to lasthit anyway, so the difference in AP won't matter a whole lot.

Akali isn't really a first blood hero, so she can afford to start her build conservatively. Getting the early Doran's and spell vamp can make a big difference against aggressive harassment.

OLI HC

06-13-2010

you dont need spell pen early, especially since the last patch.

crystal scepter needs to be rushed first, she desperately needs slows.

lich bane after.

then AP items with good passives, effects or actives just remember: will of the ancients is better than that stupid gunblade

Naesala

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLI HC View Post
you dont need spell pen early, especially since the last patch.

crystal scepter needs to be rushed first, she desperately needs slows.

lich bane after.

then AP items with good passives, effects or actives just remember: will of the ancients is better than that stupid gunblade
Well what she need early-mid game isn't an item with slow just get the lizard at lvl 5 or so and you'll be able to chase people down without an problem at lvl 6 if you still got the buff. spell penetration is important for akali, but I agree it can be a waste to get it too early.

Back on topic. I got no idea why you need to waste some stupid rune slots or masteries just to get the 10% spell vamp, akali needs moment speed and pure damage asap so get the extra health you need or moment speed and get that sheen so quick you can and when you got it kill the lizard and gank people, if you're slow get the summoner spell ghost so you can get them. The skill order is great but you should try and aim to get lich bane earlier.

Keep in mind that if you get lich bane early then you'll benefit much more from each point of ap, get ap runes if necessary just to make more use of it, Damage>survivability early-mid game and if you need health get an fortitude elixir just till you got 1500+ base health.

On an side note could you add champs that you shouldn't lane against, just incase someone that haven't played akali knows that, this champ can kill me/her/him within 3secounds... and so on.

brakelance

07-30-2010

To bring this up: I find completing Lichbane so late in the game really hurts you.

Because it is simply put, an amazing item for akali. Yet I see so few ever use it. I haven't ever used Haunting Guise though. But Usually my build is Ability Tome > Sheen, Boots, Giant's Belt, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Lichbane, Wizard Boots, Void Staff, ZR. And sometimes a Maeja's Souleater if the game is going well early for me.

Benefits being that Ability Tome first makes Sheen only 825 gold as soon as creeps spawn. Easily farmed before lvl 6. Sheen really improves Akali's burst, enough to pretty much make her one of the most damaging early game champs with it. Rylai's is pretty simple, its **** useful. Health, AP, slow on ability which I find more useful than Frozen Mallet. I tried it out a lot when I first started with Akali and I'd just miss to many attacks when people are running away. After Lichbane, I found that getting wizard boots and Void staff continue to increase your damage, other than tanks, most champs don't have 60 magic resist. So your lichbane and passive do full damage.

I've only played against a handful of other good Akali's, even fewer utilize Lichbane early-ish. My build relies on some pretty good farming or ganking to get Lichbane by mid game, but then your getting 250--ish extra damage almost every melee.

Also Exhaut Ignite is the way to go imo. Ignite is just a great spell now. Exhaust is not for offense or chasing. Not with Akali. Its defense. Can't tell you how many times I've killed a Jax or Yi or even Shaco because of Exhaust's blind. Akali can't go head to head with other melee champs as well. But Exhaust can act as a second shroud in its effect, which is buying time for your cd's

Matuk

07-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipsus View Post
I personally think Phage is not worth it as a slow item. You generally won't be auto-attacking more than once or twice and that's 50% chance of slowing a fleeing enemy at best. Either rush a frozen mallet, or rylai's, like all the other guides out there recommend
Rylai's for sure.

I always get Rylai's on Akali simply because it affects every single one of her abilities. Q and R allow for some awesome ranged slows to keep them close by.
Meanwhile, frozen mallet requires you to get into melee range and whack them once...meaning they could dodge it, or they could just run away from you to begin with.