Is anybody else fed up with the q dodge penalty?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iBean

Member

05-23-2010

I want to begin this by saying its not the penalty itself which bothers me, infact I agree 100% with its implementation.

What happends all the time though, and which happend just now (which is why I am posting this atm, youll see shortly) I joined a solo Q 5v5 we are in champion select, 4 of us pick and 1 doesnt, the countdown goes to 0:00 so i Q dodge, because I refuse to waste 45 mins of my time playing a worthless 4v5 match.

Now I reload the game, and press start : 3:00 penalty (well 2 and change when i got back in) So i load up hulu start to play an episode of a show, I go back in and rejoin the Q, we then go into champ select and the same situation happends where one decided to afk or grief, so I q dodge again.

Now I reload the game, and press start : 10:00 penalty ( 9 and change when I got back in).

Okay well I could repeat this 2 more times but lets just say Ive watched 2 full 30 mins episodes + commercials and I still have 9 mins left to wait to play a game that will probably turn out to be the same as the last 5 lol...

Like I said I agree with the Q dodge timer, cool, but is there really a reason why Riot cant take out the "if you dont pick your a random character" feature, and just make it auto replace the 4 who picked into the Q again?

I mean how hard could this possibly be? Because Ill be realistic when I tell you this is the last time I wait 30 mins to play a decent game of LoL because people dont want to pick characters.

Is there anybody out there who agrees with me? Or will I just find a bunch of flamer trolls to say Im wrong?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

weizur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-23-2010

There's no good way to random aside from not picking so maybe those people were there they just wanted a random champion. If they would remove the voiceover when you select random there would be then they could do whatever they want with non pickers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhetorical Hippo

Senior Member

05-23-2010

I have a lot of trouble believing that you actually got 4 straight attempts at queuing where there was someone griefing you in champion selection. Not that I am calling you a liar but I think you are getting trapped in a logic bomb.

You're being impatient in that you will not wait to see if the person actually did pick a champion (sometimes champs just dont show to everyone on select screen. The picture doesnt load or something). Then you're being nice and patient in waiting out your queue dodge penalty, only to immediately become impatient again as soon as you get the chance to play.

When Ranked Matches arrive you have -every right- to dodge to your heart's content. But when doing a normal game, even solo queue, it's a massive waste of your own time that you choose to do deliberately, to queue dodge. You just admitted to wasting the entire length of a match, because you didn't want to "waste a match". Do you see how backward that is?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Realist

Member

05-23-2010

I'm fed up with it too. It should start at 10 minutes, not 3. Getting queue dodged 4 times in a row is stupid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pengchon

Member

05-23-2010

Actually, you're wrong. Anyone can set a mark on a champion for selection, but if they do net set their rune/spellchoice etc.. the champion is not put on screen.

Simply by clicking once on any champion is consider a selection, but it will not display their icon on top.

I often do that, and people thinks I'm afk, simplay because my champion doesn't appear on screen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by weizur View Post
There's no good way to random aside from not picking so maybe those people were there they just wanted a random champion. If they would remove the voiceover when you select random there would be then they could do whatever they want with non pickers.
HOW ABOUT THE RANDOM BuTTON?!! *GASP*


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengchon View Post
Actually, you're wrong. Anyone can set a mark on a champion for selection, but if they do net set their rune/spellchoice etc.. the champion is not put on screen.

Simply by clicking once on any champion is consider a selection, but it will not display their icon on top.

I often do that, and people thinks I'm afk, simplay because my champion doesn't appear on screen.
wrong...if you pick your champion they can see your pick even if you are messing around with masteries or summoner spells

trust me I premade with people in real life and we can see each others picks even if we change our masteries or w/e

Sorry to say to OP but this won't happen because it can be abused. Unless the afker got the 3/10 minute penalty as well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nickolas Mage

Senior Member

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimerBinger View Post
HOW ABOUT THE RANDOM BuTTON?!! *GASP*
lol he is saying no to the random button because it gives the characters voiceover... so you know who it is.

WHO CARES! it's still random lol just because you know who it is before it starts doesn't change a single thing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmist118 View Post
lol he is saying no to the random button because it gives the characters voiceover... so you know who it is.

WHO CARES! it's still random lol just because you know who it is before it starts doesn't change a single thing.
ya it is still random...so it doesnt matter..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fuz2o

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by weizur View Post
There's no good way to random aside from not picking so maybe those people were there they just wanted a random champion. If they would remove the voiceover when you select random there would be then they could do whatever they want with non pickers.
What? You can pick the "?" to get a random character, and then set up your runes/spells/masteries to you don't end up with an ability power specced Garren or some MP/5 ninja. That's a pretty good way to random, even if it isn't "hard random."

I don't really understand what you are trying to say in your second sentence.


12