Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Udyr, Most Nerfed, Least Played

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gillett

05-23-2010

What are your thoughts on this?

I think he should be removed, honestly. You give a champion zero ranged abilities, no ultimate, and then you nerf him after every-time someone does well with him? Just get rid of him. He wastes time for the development team to constantly "balance" him. I would rather see him gone than constantly cut into pieces.

Please delete Udyr. Would save everyone a helll of a lot of time.

Mjollnir

Recruiter

05-23-2010

Just because people struggle to play him does not mean people do not enjoy him. He's a unique character and a lot of people like the concept. He also isn't as bad as you say.

Adnihilo

05-23-2010

don't think you were here for the Udyr Era

Crappo

05-23-2010

I still see people playing Udyr and doing pretty well.

Conquered

05-23-2010

I have to agree.. I played Udyr for like 40 games, And he has the lowest win loss ratio of any of my top champions. It doesn't mean I suck with him, He's just not incredibly useful. Just an all around iffy champion. He can survive a bit better than pure DPS, Do about the same damage as a tank, Has a stun that lasts like 0.5 seconds, Which isn't a teamfight winner by any means. He didn't need to be reduced really. I'd like to see his damage go up a bit more.

Mjollnir

Recruiter

05-23-2010

Quote:
Conquered:
I have to agree.. I played Udyr for like 40 games, And he has the lowest win loss ratio of any of my top champions. It doesn't mean I suck with him, He's just not incredibly useful. Just an all around iffy champion. He can survive a bit better than pure DPS, Do about the same damage as a tank, Has a stun that lasts like 0.5 seconds, Which isn't a teamfight winner by any means. He didn't need to be reduced really. I'd like to see his damage go up a bit more.

My experience with him is that i do really well or really bad. I find that when I do well, its because my team has someone that can properly initiate. Flash Alistar, Amumu, Malphite, Gragas, Ashe's arrow, etc.

Snazzy Pants

05-23-2010

I see Udyr a lot, actually. Probably at least 2 - 3 times a day. They're rarely ever good, and if a team with an Udyr does win, it's usually because of someone else.

Kushmeyer2

05-23-2010

I'm mid-high elo and I think he is a viable champion for the current metagame.

In all seriousness though I'm most likely way above low but not quite at mid yet (can tell from team comps that pop up, and half the people I fight are premade). If Udyr is allowed to jungle and if they build him nicely he can be a lifesaver, pumping out mid-class dps with nice high tank hp. If he's ignored you would be surprised how well an Udyr can do.

And I would hardly call making Phoenix proc on 4 instead of 3 a nerf.

EIometer

Recruiter

05-23-2010

Udyr with Triforce early in the game can be pretty powerful. Moreover Udyr has a free heal/shield that refreshes near-instantly.

He's not the best, but he's not terrible either.

a wild archivist

05-23-2010

IMO Udyr was fine before the latest patch. In fact, he was rarely seen as it was. He's a fun character to play, and he needs a lot of technique to play well, so winning big with him can be pretty satisfying.

The burst DPS on him was fine, and his turtle stance was definitely not OP. I would like to see Riot roll him back, as his current form is an auto queue dodge for most people. His team role is also a big question mark.