Would LoL make a good Diablo-Esq Game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Priscila

05-23-2010

Simple thread asking for simple thoughts =).

I personally think it could have the potential to be better than Diablo if they took what they already have and expanded on it for PvE.

FearCatalyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2010

Given the storyline and huge number of characters, it'd be really easy to expand on this game. Like, playing through the Rune Wars or something. Or just following any of the characters' backstories. The main issue would be where the starting point was, and who to focus on as "main" characters.

Jooce

05-23-2010

Someone suggested a dungeon crawl mode back in beta. I would have payed to play that heh.

Yes, this game would kickass as a diablo action-type game.

Helenek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearCatalyst View Post
Given the storyline and huge number of characters, it'd be really easy to expand on this game. Like, playing through the Rune Wars or something. Or just following any of the characters' backstories. The main issue would be where the starting point was, and who to focus on as "main" characters.
There are no main characters, each champion would have his/hers own Storymode :O

Yefo

05-24-2010

I like this idea in theory, but it would have to be a more miniaturized version of Diablo. I wouldn't want to play the same champ (with only 5 different abilities) for a 20 hour long game. However, if there were various "missions" of sorts that were designed to last about an hour or two, with an epic battle at the end, that could potentially be pretty fun.

Also, game balance would be thrown off like crazy in this mode. WW would be "god tier" for a PvE only game; basically any champion that is good at jungling would instantly become very good at this new mode. Also, healers would become really, really good. Any MMORPG basically requires your party to have a hearer in order to be successful. Champion-only skills would have to be reworked or simply accepted as a "lost" ability (examples: Karthus 'R', Ashe Arrow, WW ult, Morde ult, etc. etc. etc.). Tanks would become more useful, which would be pretty sweet.

That's not to say I'd be opposed to this, it could be a lot of fun! There are just a lot of "issues" that would need to be worked out.