Sion Help Please!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aceist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2011

So, i'm trying to build a AD sion, but need help on my item build.

Please tell me what you think of this item build
infinity edge
phantom dencer
phantom dencer
blood thirster
angel
black clevar

also, how should i build those items? like in first item i buy at game start, and so on..

Soulwrecker

09-05-2011

In the last couple of weeks I've been playing AD Sion because he seems pretty good in the metagame right now. My build goes something like this: Absolutely core items - Trinity + Inifinity Edge. I get boots depending on the team I'm facing. If it's a heavy CC/AP team I go with merc treads. 4 or more straight physical damage dealers, I will go with ninja tabi. If it's a balanced team or there's only one AD carry then I usually go with berserker greaves. Then I build for the team. If I'm steam rolling I'll build a cleaver and an atma's next. If things are rough, I'll build defensive items.

I never build blood thirster, because honestly...it seems like a waste on Sion. With his ultimate which can be up A LOT, blood thirster seems to me a wasted overkill. Black cleaver is a good item. I wouldn't build a GA over a thornmail or banshee's veil. I think phantom dancers, especially two, is overkill also. Again, with his ultimate up you attack very quick without them (assuming trinity+beserker's greaves). Instead I would probably build a bloodrazor or maybe a ghostblade.

These are just my opinions, but this advice is what I play AD Sion with and seems to work reasonably well in my experience.

moneymango

09-05-2011

I'm building Sion as a tanky dps champ. Getting frozen mallet, atmas and warmogs. This way Sion can be right in the fight throwing out stuns and doing some decent damage without blowing up immediately

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2011

i personally like atma's on ad sion, it gives armor, crit and extra ad, all good things for him and as he kills more he gets more life and more damage, so on and on and on.

Warrrrax

09-07-2011

You really want to have Frozen Mallet since it gives him a slow that he lacks. Stun works as a gap closer, but then they just run off. Phage is cheap, works reasonably well until you can afford the upgrade.

I recommend starting with a Regrowth Pendant and 1 health pot. On your first B, upgrade to Philo Stone. This reallly helps you use your stun a lot more often and make you more threatening. The regen overcomes the lifeloss from enrage.

I would get 3k worth of offensive items first of whatever type...then get a NEGATRON ASAP. This toughens you up significantly and you upgrade to banshee eventually.

I'd personally grab either a Ghostblade OR a zeal and phage. GB gives you armor pen, and the incredibly good clickey for chasing/killing in tandem with your ult. Zeal/Phage gives you permanent movespeed/AS for creep killing in jungle, plus more health and a on-hit slow.

Then go from there. But dont neglect the Frozen Mallet or the early Negatron. Your lifesteal can overcome physical gradual damage but is useless if you get bursted to death...

-------------

Some people go for more of a tanky DPS which is a solid approach too. This ensures you can live to use your lifesteal ult and spam stuns in battle for utility. Instead of phantom, ghostblade, etc... you get Triforce. Sure, you get a lot less offense, but you DO cover the basics of MOVESPEED, on-hit SLOW, along with a bit of AS, AD, dmg on hit, etc. Then Warmogs and Atmas and banshees.

Alternatively a frozen mallet instead of triforce for reliable slow and forego the movespeed of triforce, taking banshees, warmogs, atmas.