Dominion will increase skill level?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bobomberman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2011

I've been thinking, in theory shouldn't Dominion make players better at champs a bit easier than SR? In SR when trying to get good with a champ there's the unfortunate fact that the enemy most likely ISN'T new to their character, and thus can lead to a snowballing defeat where you learned little more than how to die. Whereas in Dominion I can imagine that since there is no real snowballing effect players can get right back into battle and proceed to learn every aspect of their character, especially since there isn't the whole "focus on last hits for the first half of the game" there are constant fights, bettering the player all the time. Of course in theory most things sound great but I still have the feeling Dominion will help players immensely in getting good with a character.

Brackhar

Features Designer

09-05-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

It's a great environment to test out new characters, definitely. However, someone who is skills with their character will still trounce a new player in every battle. You just know that if you're a bit unskilled with your character you're not ultimately contributing to the snowballing victory of the other team anywhere near as much as on SR.

xerav

09-05-2011

@Brackhar .... so if you release a new champion i can test him in dominion right away (cuz all unlocked) ?

Shay Corporation

09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerav View Post
@Brackhar .... so if you release a new champion i can test him in dominion right away (cuz all unlocked) ?
All are not unlocked automatically. The statement you're referring to is that all champions will be available to play on the map (once you unlock them). Meaning none will be permanently banned from play thanks to being overpowered on the map.

Bobomberman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
It's a great environment to test out new characters, definitely. However, someone who is skills with their character will still trounce a new player in every battle. You just know that if you're a bit unskilled with your character you're not ultimately contributing to the snowballing victory of the other team anywhere near as much as on SR.
Oh of course, I hadn't meant that this new map will not be affected by skill in the slightest, I merely meant it's better for learning, because at least when you die, you died in an all out fight, as opposed to tower diving, bad laning, etc. By all means I should hope that a more skilled player can stomp a newbie. All I know is, everyday Dominion feels more exciting!

shadowshifte

09-05-2011

Quote:
reading is hard

Turtlerocket

09-05-2011

Quote:
The Women's Rights Movement would like a word.

ChaosPL

09-06-2011

Different playstyle and metagame. At SR till 25 minute there are 1v1-3v3 teamfights and after that (mostly) its mostly 5v5, which are game deciding. Dominion will be about quick movement, capturing, quick 2v2 or 2v1 teamights, so i dont think they will make you much more skilled. Yes, you are practicing something, but its like comparing SR tactics to TT tactics. In general - same, in detail - totally different.
BE READY KARMA, MY BEAUTY!