Lost Series Finale (SPOILER THREAD)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sorry ms jackson

05-23-2010

I'm guessing a few people here watch Lost, and I'm interested in seeing some theories on how the show will end.

Here is mine.

Personally, I think the idea they are trying to push is that there is always a balance of good and evil.

If Locke leaves the island, and it tips the scales. Evil wins. It seems the Smoke Monster's power is that he can crush faces, but he also relies on other things. Throughout the season, we have been led to believe that Ben had never talked to Jacob throughout the series, but instead talked to the Smoke Monster pretending to be Jacob. It seems his ability to persuade people and corrupt them are also important to what he is.

Jacob is the protector. The good in the world. He does seem a little naive, but in a good way. He builds faith within a person and allows their own conscience to make the right decision.

As we saw Tuesday, Jack becomes what Jacob was, but I don't believe it's the end of it. Something will happen where Jack will be forced to make a decision to save his friends on the island, and will die.

I also believe we will see the original Locke, through a conversation of some sorts with Hurley.

As for the flash sideways stuff........I DON'T HAVE A CLUE.

Adnihilo

05-23-2010

i hope the ending is a massive gangbang orgy :]

Delthanin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jongilbunny View Post
Throughout the season, we have been led to believe that Ben had never talked to Jacob throughout the series, but instead talked to the Smoke Monster pretending to be Jacob.
If I recall correctly, it was inferred that Ben never talked to anyone pretending to be Jacob (the Smoke Monster). He was just as surprised as Locke when all those weird events were happening at the cabin, and Locke figured out he was faking. Ben was only pretending to have talked to Jacob.

Speaking of which, I think Ben still wants to protect the Island. It's pretty much all he has left. After Smokey attacked Richard and it hit Ben that there was really nothing at all he could personally do to the monster, he went back, had a seat, and waited for "Locke" to approach him.

I think he was actually trying to shoot Widmore before he could give info. The fact that he hates Widmore and blames him for the death of his daughter just made it more satisfying, and made it more convincing for why he shot him.

Ben's just going back to what has always kept him alive for most of his life. Lying and being all-around manipulative.

Just my thoughts.

Umibozu

05-23-2010

Watching it now! So awesome.

JifCarney

05-23-2010

So I'm watching it now and it is indeed awesome, but one of the more ******ed characters that should have died 4 seasons ago needs to get shot in the head **COUGH** KATE **COUGH**. That and Hurley needs to have a bigger part in this. He is way too awesome to just be vague support.

Delthanin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2010

Finale just ended. Holy ****!

Adnihilo

05-23-2010

ok so SPOILER ALERT ;;

the hydogen bomb worked they all died, the flash sideways was the journey they took to find each other in the afterlife.

sorry ms jackson

05-23-2010

So the ending of the show....

They all go to heaven.

I AM DISAPPOINT

Umibozu

05-23-2010

So epic.

I loved every second of it. I think its the best way they could've ended it.

It wasn't heaven - the flash sideways was real. As Christian said, everything really did happen.

Delthanin

05-23-2010

The events on the island in Season 6 actually happened. The flash-sideways events was a sort of "afterlife" thing.

Poor Michael, forever trapped on the island and unable to pass on.