Mac Users

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VanillaPowa

11-28-2009

i'm about to try crossover but to install it via crossover I need to first download the .exe version right?

shadargroup

11-29-2009

FWIW - I am also very interested in a Macintosh version. I do lots of gaming w/out paying Microsoft (Wow, starcraft, etc....)

Tuarendemon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

Thanks

Zakaru

11-30-2009

ive tryed LoL with cross over and it lets u install all of it but when u try and open the game it says error then u have to termanate or something like that so ya

DrChunk

12-03-2009

I run lol on my mac via fusion... it runs without any problems

Lukky Ch4rmz

12-09-2009

dr, could you post a link to that and maybe brief instructions? I am not heavily knowledgeable about that stuff but i have a friend using mac that really wants to play.

boeren

12-09-2009

I have tried alot of the things to my mac and most of it work well and im on an macbook crossover etc.. i havent had any problems with it since it is such a light game..

If you arent a genious a easy way is to simply split your HD and make a 20gb windows you can play lol on xp or anything would work (bear in mind on your split that you cant use the 20 gb in Mac and that Windows itself fills up 10-15 gb)

Just found this link it sums it up quite nice
http://echoone.com/da/filejuicer/formats/exe

The link shows what programs that can open the exe file needed for installing the game any of the programs could give alot of problems especially because LoL is a beta
I know Bootcamp works...
I think some1 here could confirm Crossover (brilliant program) works in alot of i games havent tested it on LoL
I know Fusion works (should only be used on mac with loads of Ram space since it really fills em up)
Havent tested the others

Lukky Ch4rmz

12-10-2009

That is a great help, thank you so much

discomatt

12-10-2009

You goofs should just use Bootcamp. Takes 30-45 minutes to install, and 20 seconds to restart in to Windows when you want to play LoL.

That's what I'm doing on my MacBook.

Lukky Ch4rmz

12-10-2009

Iv'e tried convincing my friend to get it but he's being quite reluctant!

12345612 ... 23