Mac Users

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SockSniffer

07-16-2010

it should come out some time between now and the end of september, or Q3. But as of right now Transocean does not have anything on their website about any planed release date.

It has only been 3 days since season 1 started, so we might want to give them a bit more time to work out any problems they might be having. but it would be nice to know some of the progress directly from Transocean or Riot instead of having to sift through piles of google search links just to get tiny bits of information.

so far all i know is that it has been shown working on a mac already, the mac version of league of legends is supposed to come out in Q3 on Transgaming's Cider engine, and that the most likely reason it will take longer to port over to the mac is because they are using Cider (Cider has sown previous problems with games when porting and in an article by Mike Schramm he says they are going to be working very hard to make sure that these problems don't happen with LoL)

although it would be nice to be able to play the game natively I think that after reading most of the articles about the mac version Im going to just go use bootcamp

BawlsDeep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2010

i demand a mac update, i will not be a second class citizen

Dragon10565

07-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necessitous View Post
I hope it comes out soon. I do have a PC desktop but would like to be able to play it on my macbook pro when I go back to college. If only we could get some updates on it's progress, where it stands as of now, and some kind of expected release date.
I have this problem also

ultraviolent

07-16-2010

riot: update please about mac release

BawlsDeep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolent View Post
riot: update please about mac release
this!

and bump for mac users

ZOHMAHGEWDNEZ

07-17-2010

cmooon riiott releasee date? i check this site every day hoping to find mac client on the downloads page but nothin, and hell i wanna play this game so much i even tried but bootcamp and virtualbox but god virtualbox is ******ed and does not support 2.0 shader model and it gets stuck in game initiation and i need a freaking windows disk so i can get it on bootcamp! if any1 knows another way to get windows for free on bootcamp plz gimme a link to the download or something all my nub dota players are playing this cept my bro and i cuz we're on macs, we wanna start running some 5s cmon riot dont let mac users down!

darklyger64

07-17-2010

I thought they were going to release it in July idk. I wish they'd give an update I've been waiting for a while. Also, once an update is out it would give Mac users a chance of hope to play LoL on mac. I don't want to use BootCamp i don't like windows at all. I prefer Mac in all reality.

BawlsDeep

07-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklyger64 View Post
I thought they were going to release it in July idk. I wish they'd give an update I've been waiting for a while. Also, once an update is out it would give Mac users a chance of hope to play LoL on mac. I don't want to use BootCamp i don't like windows at all. I prefer Mac in all reality.
Yes!! I just want an update, but everything they say about the mac client is vague. "In the Summer", "Soon after S1 release". I want a month and an estimated date.

SockSniffer

07-17-2010

keep in mind that riot is not in the one releasing it the one who should be giving us updates is transgaming. or they should at the very least be keeping riot posted on their progress and i am sure that riot will announce progress soon provided that transgaming is giving them that information

BawlsDeep

07-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SockSniffer View Post
keep in mind that riot is not in the one releasing it the one who should be giving us updates is transgaming. or they should at the very least be keeping riot posted on their progress and i am sure that riot will announce progress soon provided that transgaming is giving them that information
last i heard, transgaming was almost finished with their part. and riot had to finish their part. however, with season 1 underway and so many other issues, it's no wonder that macs have been thrown into the backburner of the to do list at riot. i figured the mac client would have a quick release after season 1's debut, however after a week of checking everyday i havent even heard of that much talk about the mac client.

it will probably get released in a month..