Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Dot DMG stopping captures

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bobomberman

Senior Member

09-05-2011

Oh wait... I thought this was channel times for recall and the like in SR.... then I read the "capture" part of the title and-and... I'll go sit in that corner over there :c


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brackhar

Features Designer

09-05-2011

Yeah, the goal is that if you actively want to stop someone from capturing then you should be able to. Passively doing it through a long-duration DoT that would continually interrupt you or some other mechanism should not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-05-2011

Quote:
Brackhar:
Yeah, the goal is that if you actively want to stop someone from capturing then you should be able to. Passively doing it through a long-duration DoT that would continually interrupt you or some other mechanism should not.


have u considered lower dot duration but keeping overall dmg the same and let the dots stop channeling?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

l Diabetic Dan l

Senior Member

09-05-2011

They might have considered it... But it sounds like a lot of work to tweak a bunch of skills for Dominion, and having them normal in SR and TT. Doesn't sound fun for the engineers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-05-2011

Quote:
xHopesFall:
They might have considered it... But it sounds like a lot of work to tweak a bunch of skills for Dominion, and having them normal in SR and TT. Doesn't sound fun for the engineers.


they could keep the changes on SR and TT too since the overall dmg would be the same.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nonsense King

Senior Member

09-05-2011

So, in the case of someone like swain, his torment, or laser bird wouldn't actually stop the channel unless they were being applied while they channeled? Would each tick from his ult interrupt channel as well?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myrmidont

Senior Member

09-05-2011

Quote:
Brackhar:
Yeah, the goal is that if you actively want to stop someone from capturing then you should be able to. Passively doing it through a long-duration DoT that would continually interrupt you or some other mechanism should not.


so a no on swain then?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-05-2011

Quote:
Myrmidont:
so a no on swain then?


swain would prob still be good at interupting since he can hit multiple people with his ult which isnt a dot

lol random downvote


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theuberwar

Senior Member

09-05-2011

Quote:
Ashaira:
have u considered lower dot duration but keeping overall dmg the same and let the dots stop channeling?


While that would prevent long duration dots from breaking channels, which they're already trying to do, It would make the dots kill you that much faster which would change not just the channel but the rest of the balance for the game simply because some dots would tick faster. And when we look at swains lazer bird it applies the slow for the duration the thing lasers you, shortening the duration would probably also shorten the slow duration. Lots of balance would shift if they changed the duration on them, i'd be fine with them just making dots not break channel unless they hit you with the cast of said dot while your already channeling.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-05-2011

Quote:
theuberwar:
While that would prevent long duration dots from breaking channels, which they're already trying to do, It would make the dots kill you that much faster which would change not just the channel but the rest of the balance for the game simply because some dots would tick faster. And when we look at swains lazer bird it applies the slow for the duration the thing lasers you, shortening the duration would probably also shorten the slow duration. Lots of balance would shift if they changed the duration on them, i'd be fine with them just making dots not break channel unless they hit you with the cast of said dot while your already channeling.


i thought the laser did the dmg upfront and only the slow was applied over time