Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Problem with playing Def, idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ffca

05-22-2010

Quote:
vpdas:
they just sat at their base the entire last 10 minutes of the game. they NEVER left, I explained what they did. Easy to survive when you can run 2 seconds from the nexus to heal.

And they had their ulti up every fight. Respawns are about 40 seconds + the time to get every one back over there. They in no way earned the win, I know there are better end game champs but we utterly destroyed them. Admittedly they had a better composition to camp by their healing platform / last turret, but that doesn't really qualify as an earned win as it's being done for 10 minutes straight and not leaving base. And because our mobs kept pushing we had nothing to level off from. We started 2 levels ahead of them and finished 2 levels below. That doesn't seem like something that needs to be changed to you? Our team didn't mess up either that is the sad part.

even with CDR, how are their ults up every fight. you guys took to long to get back after your first team wipe. you guys got outplayed, it's really that simple.

ChaosGopherSucks

05-22-2010

attack them whenever they get close to your creeps. With all your super creeps' help, u should be able to win team fights unless ur team composition was COMPLETELY lopsided. Think about it, with all their turrets down, they should have about 30 creeps or more if you keep harassing them and force them to go heal. While they're healing, knock down turrets. If you had prevented them from farming ur creeps by harassing them u should've won.

Aeile

05-22-2010

Having free access to all neutral creep buffs, which means 45% movespeed buff, lizard buff, dragon buff, and wolf buff and yet you lose?

I find it somewhat hard to believe that if you had double supercreeps you couldn't have stalled them long enough for your creep to break the final turret and subsequently the nexus. And Nunu's ultimate is easy enough to avoid, flash and cleanse work, and garen can judgment out of it easily enough.

If you guys weren't packing cleanse or flash with champs lacking a mobility spell, or no CCs to cancel one of the easiest to break channeling ultimates then I wouldn't know about you guys deserving the win.

Necrophagus

05-22-2010

I'm guessing you just got out-comped.

Kyuketsuki

Recruiter

05-22-2010

Quote:
ElJiggles:
Yeah, usually when I see this happen it's because the winning team got complacent. They thought they had the game in the bag and let up the pressure.

If you get in that situation, I suggest you farm all the neutrals you can. With all of those buffs, you should be able to win a teamfight, or at least live long enough to finish off their nexus turret, which makes backdooring cake.

I do think the spawn portal is too close to the nexus, but it's also fun to hook/throw/taunt/etc champions into the laser

Nexus too close to spawn pool is the reason I stopped playing TT, exactly as the op quoted. I support his opinion, maybe make the stairs into the spawn pool narrower push the spawn pool back a bit, but something you can't push the nexus until at least 1 enemy is dead, and you can't kill them while they are that close to the infinite health r us pool. In summoners rift the nexus is in between the entrances and the spawning pool, in TT you get closer to the spawn pool faster than the nexus hence the problem.

Dreampod

05-22-2010

I'm with the OP on this one. While I don't object to turtling as a strategy, the extreme proximity of the fountain to the nexus tower and even the outer base turrets prevents the attacking team from wearing the enemy down. Only extremely decisive burst killing an enemy outright or being able to CC them for an extended period allows the attackers to continue pushing. For the attackers to heal up puts them at a significant disadvantage for 30 or so seconds.

Gilfer

05-23-2010

I don't see much of a problem. It takes a really good teamwork to defend from being left only with nexus turrets. And they can't defend and be on the fountain at the same time. In the majority of times, they'll get stomped.
And then there are times like this when people start thinking it's easy and start messing around, instead taking a decisive attack. The same thing happened both times I won 3v5. And the same thing happened one time I lost 3v5. ><;

vpdas

05-23-2010

Well this thread will be closed soon, due to every one that disagrees has rage and down rates a discussion. The problem was definitely composition, and the proximity of the spawning pool. I just think it should be changed a little, that's not asking much. We didn't have any way to shield ourselves from being blown up at once from an AOE ulti, stuns, and silences. You will say they had better champions, but we could beat them any time outside their spawning pool, which they never left except to aoe us at their nexus which is a whole two seconds away. Understand where I am coming from now?

Edit Below:
Let me make a scenario to help some better understand.
You enter the enemies base, they unleash their ultimates, all their abilities on you. You do the same and counter the best you can. Both teams are around 50% life, you can chase them back to their spawn where they will heal and then kill you, or you can try to hit the nexus. We had tried hitting the nexus several times between fights only to have them return back quick enough to finish us off. Also a CC an interrupt a team long enough for the rest to heal and come back before the Nexus is terribly damaged. That happened a few times and then it was over.