Problem with playing Def, idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vpdas

05-22-2010

Map: TT

I just got out of a game where the opposing team lost all their turrets, and remained in their base where they farmed our super creeps. Every attempt we made to push they just ultimate our team and ran back to heal after. With our super creeps pushing we had only few creeps to level off from. With the enemy team constantly getting gold and XP they quickly out leveled us, and got better items.

Later down the map they're 18 and were 16, they have much better items, they make one push and win. I'm completely fine with a legit win but this is just stupid! The opposing team literally didn't leave their base for 10 minutes straight.

To me every one using their ultimates at once then running back to heal, then coming back to finish off the other team that's a mere 2 seconds away doesn't seem like it should be possible. Perhaps Riot can implement a system that ticks away a teams health or power the longer they stay in base, and slowly restore it as they step out.

Our team did everything right, we pushed, played behind the tank, focused fire.

Edit Below
------------
Do not take this as a complaint, just trying to innovate new ideas for the game.

Medjaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2010

Don't let them turtle.

I Can Heal Aids

05-22-2010

Farm neutrals and be better at teamfights.

Salacavalini

05-22-2010

How was that not a legit win for them? Sounds like reversed attrition warfare.

Out of curiosity, what champions were either side using?

finalfantasyzeal

05-22-2010

If you pushed all the way, you should be able to backdoor to win in this situation. Especially if the tower is down. Wait until they leave the base, then flash/jump in and end it.

Maledicte

05-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLetscher View Post
Don't let them turtle.
The OP said that they couldn't prevent this. It is kind of hard, especially on TT, considering the Nexus is only 2 feet away from the healing fountain.

B1ake

05-22-2010

If you have all the neutral buffs, why couldn't you bust em down? Also backdooring is always a good choice

Hashishim

05-22-2010

Yeah sounds like you guys had great momentum, then rested on your laurels once they were down. Could be hero comp, and they were just bound to end you late game.

I've played a TT once where they pushed down both sides by about 10 min. At that point I just knew we'd win, because we had beastly late game heroes and suddenly we could farm to our hearts' content.

So my advice is if they are heavy on late game heroes, either steamroll all the way, or if you can't play smarter and make sure you dominate jungle/other lanes, and keep them stuck in one lane where their xp/farm will get divied up.

Hope this helps.

ElJiggles

05-22-2010

Yeah, usually when I see this happen it's because the winning team got complacent. They thought they had the game in the bag and let up the pressure.

If you get in that situation, I suggest you farm all the neutrals you can. With all of those buffs, you should be able to win a teamfight, or at least live long enough to finish off their nexus turret, which makes backdooring cake.

I do think the spawn portal is too close to the nexus, but it's also fun to hook/throw/taunt/etc champions into the laser

vpdas

05-22-2010

We did farm all neutrals, their champion composition was enough to wreck ours. But the matter is we literally did everything we could. With our mobs pushing into their base they just sat at their nexus and farmed them. When we came in, well it didn't end well. We pretty much steam rolled them to their base and then they grinded gold/levels off our minions with us unable to do anything about it. We wiped their entire base by the level of 14. Honestly they had a good composition to camp, they had nunu for aoe slows, and to blow our team up by the nexus. Followed up huge ulti burst damage. I'm not complaining, as stupid as it was, I just feel there should be something to prevent this. It all just seems a bit too much...there is no reason at all they should of won that match.

PS: They never left their base, I think I said that but maybe not.