So how good are one trick ponies if they don't get their role?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hypermonkieboi

4 Weeks Ago

For example, how good of a support player mechanically is Trick? Oh right as you can see in his lolking, 0 support games it would look like. Still pisses me off that players like him are lucky enough to get their role basically every game. RNG matchmaking OP.
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/1...9#ranked-stats
He manages to hit D1 without playing 2 games at bot lane. What are the ****ing chances.
Edit: All I'm saying is that matchmaking involves a lot of luck regarding the teammates you get. Yes, I understand they're my same mmr, but the game is hard when I get 4 mid mains.

Spreek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

4 Weeks Ago

most of them aren't good at all.

there are some exceptions tho. sometimes there are people that are just really good players but they like a particular champion for whatever reason.

Best Karma Ionia

4 Weeks Ago

Out of 92 games, 85 I've been karma mid / support, and a handful top.

*Shrug*

Saying [Role] Preferred please, but I can [ ] if necessary! Goes a LOOOOONG way in yoloqueue.

Reality Lesson

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermonkieboi View Post
For example, how good of a support player mechanically is Trick? Oh right as you can see in his lolking, 0 support games it would look like. Still pisses me off that players like him are lucky enough to get their role basically every game. RNG matchmaking OP.
You know Trick2G does everything but mid at a Mid to Diamond to Challenger level right? I've never seen him mid, but he's done it all on stream. Yes he is a jungle main, and he does main Udyr. He plays A LOT of Udyr, but I assure you he does also play ADC top or support. Usually he plays Voli support since that was what you braught up. Haven't seen him play ADC in a while, so I don't know what he plays in that role, and he plays Nasus, Singed, Udyr, Volibear top.

hypermonkieboi

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreek View Post
most of them aren't good at all.

there are some exceptions tho. sometimes there are people that are just really good players but they like a particular champion for whatever reason.
That's the problem, solo queue should be based on how good players are overall and should be able to play well at all roles. Ranked 5s is better suited for specific roles.

Chicken Devourer

4 Weeks Ago

If I tell my team upfront "I'm really bad at bot lane but can play the other 3 roles well", I usually don't end up forced bot lane.

hypermonkieboi

4 Weeks Ago

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...k2gs_accounts/
Yup, I've checked. Nonexistent botlane gameplay which probably means he can't play that role at that level or mid lane. It would be nice to get my role basically 99% of my games.

hypermonkieboi

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Devourer View Post
If I tell my team upfront "I'm really bad at bot lane but can play the other 3 roles well", I usually don't end up forced bot lane.
Well, it always happens to me whenever I'm last pick.I first type in the chat,"Prefer not the play adc, it's my worst role." I manage to still get it and lock in ashe. My ashe win rate is above 50% only because I get carried.

Reality Lesson

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermonkieboi View Post
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...k2gs_accounts/
Yup, I've checked. Nonexistent botlane gameplay which probably means he can't play that role at that level or mid lane. It would be nice to get my role basically 99% of my games.
He plays support voli when he's not top or jungle. Haven't seen him play mid in months, and it's been a while since he's been adc too. He can basically top jungle and support from what I've seen, and in Diamond I that's enough to keep you where you belong. I'm sure if it came down to him playing ADC or mid he'd probably still stomp low to mid Plat level players.

hypermonkieboi

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Lesson View Post
He plays support voli when he's not top or jungle. Haven't seen him play mid in months, and it's been a while since he's been adc too. He can basically top jungle and support from what I've seen, and in Diamond I that's enough to keep you where you belong. I'm sure if it came down to him playing ADC or mid he'd probably still stomp low to mid Plat level players.
See. This is the perfect example of lucky solo queue players. How does he manage to get teammates that main mid and bot lane.