What are champions doing when they're not fighting in the League of Legends?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TankHunter678

05-25-2010

Personally Babag, I would rather instead have an RPG like those old WC3 RPG maps, or a standalone RPG. Perhaps you can propose it as a possible side project to the dev team? Something to work on off and on when they are ahead of schedule, even if it means we only get a new champion once a month or two.

A full standalone game would be awesome for RIOT to sell, though since they already have some server issues, MMORPG version would be a bit much to ask for at this point. Digital Distribution of the stand alone RPG could be done through Steam.

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

05-25-2010
24 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew21210 View Post
*Sighs at requirements for Design department*
*Mutters hateful things*

You guys know this means "Well, I promised I'd at least run a boilerplate storyline or plan some sort of event, but I've been really tired and stuff guys. Just tell the guys in Graphics to palette swap another teemo skin...."

On a side note, who do I have to kill to get a singed skin. He can't be THAT hard to model to, and I can't see complications like with shaco or somewhat.

Or, has no one had a good idea?

Also, it irritates me to no end no ones called this out... You people not take basic english in high school? I mean, they teach this kind of stuff everywhere...
Right?

Any-ways......

While it's clear that EZ-Real meant that in the sense of a doppleganger as an entity which assumes people shapes, and not in the sense of a champion, (Lrn2pronoun noob)
I would hope that'd be a given at some point.... Screw hard random, I want hard REALLLY random.
I don't try to obfuscate information, especially when I have a direct line to the fans via this forum. When I say I don't have an ETA, I don't have an ETA. I'd love for every single one of my crazy lore ideas to be instantly implemented. The reality of the modern video game company makes this an impossibility. I assure you it is not related to your belief that I am "tired".

As for a Singed skin - we have been aware of a lack of a skin for him for some time. We have "top men" working on this issue. I don't really have any further information I can share at this time.

Also, just because you brought the issue up - the use of an ellipsis is indeed one of the trickier grammatical techniques to master. I certainly am no grammar master, especially when used in the rapid world of e-mail communication. The preferred display of an ellipsis is often left up to the author if they wield significant power over the document they are working on. More than oft, however, the typographer gets final say in how an ellipsis is ultimately displayed. For the grammatical, the use of four dots is done when trailing off the thought of a complete sentence. An example:

"Complaining about the use of an ellipsis on an internet forum seems quite silly, at least to me...."

My use of it in my original message was completely independent of any sentence structure whatsoever; this allows me to use a simple three dot structure. My use of the ellipsis was, in fact, used to posit the notion that perhaps the League isn't the absolute answer to the magical woes of Runeterra. I'll let you make up your own mind in that regard, provided you can stomach our differences on the use of three or four dots for an ellipsis.

embezzler

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babagahnoosh View Post
I don't try to obfuscate information, especially when I have a direct line to the fans via this forum. When I say I don't have an ETA, I don't have an ETA. I'd love for every single one of my crazy lore ideas to be instantly implemented. The reality of the modern video game company makes this an impossibility. I assure you it is not related to your belief that I am "tired".

As for a Singed skin - we have been aware of a lack of a skin for him for some time. We have "top men" working on this issue. I don't really have any further information I can share at this time.

Also, just because you brought the issue up - the use of an ellipsis is indeed one of the trickier grammatical techniques to master. I certainly am no grammar master, especially when used in the rapid world of e-mail communication. The preferred display of an ellipsis is often left up to the author if they wield significant power over the document they are working on. More than oft, however, the typographer gets final say in how an ellipsis is ultimately displayed. For the grammatical, the use of four dots is done when trailing off the thought of a complete sentence. An example:

"Complaining about the use of an ellipsis on an internet forum seems quite silly, at least to me...."

My use of it in my original message was completely independent of any sentence structure whatsoever; this allows me to use a simple three dot structure. My use of the ellipsis was, in fact, used to posit the notion that perhaps the League isn't the absolute answer to the magical woes of Runeterra. I'll let you make up your own mind in that regard, provided you can stomach our differences on the use of three or four dots for an ellipsis.
hahahhahahahhahaahhahaha take a seat man

Neapolitan

05-25-2010

Can we also get 'Top Men' working on a Lore sub-forum? I'd love it.

Soga no Tojiko

05-25-2010

Mundo does what he pleases while not being summoned AND while summoned.

Vuther

05-25-2010

Thanks for the info, and I hope to see some interesting stuff for League of Legends come in the coming months.

YYZed

05-25-2010

Babagahnoosh for new favorite Riot member! <3
hopfully he comes up with a shorter nickname we can call him by... :P

FuYA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2010

I can totally imagine Jax in the corner of a Tavern with his Cloak down and lamppost over his shoulder. Just sleeping it off until he is called again.

Zoro The Otter

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babagahnoosh View Post
Absolutely. The act of summoning is a highly powerful magical rite. It allows diametric opposites to even share a side in combat. Once a champion is called upon by a summoner of the League, nothing else matters. A champion's service in a battle arena keeps the world safe, lest rampant magical abuse bring it to the brink of destruction once again.

Petty personal squabbles between champions are irrelevant when compared to what the world faced before the onset of the League.
I KEEEL YOU NAO! *summoned* I WUV YOU SO MUCH! Sounds like mind control...oh wait, we already do that.

WhitemageofDOOM

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urobolus View Post
Are they off living their own life? Are they on stand-by? Are they confined for future use?
I'm going to guess -it depends on the champion-.

We know there's a central institute building, that the champions hang out in. but we also know ezreal still does his archeological thing.

So some just keep living there lives, some mainly hang at the institute, and some are probably contained in the institute(cho'gath, mundo etc.) because there too dangerous to let roam.

Note also there's another possibility, they are summoned for non-league tasks. Such as clearing out bandits, putting down rebellions, etc.
The league did replace warfare, and while each city state probably still maintains some form of military/police force it's probably been toned down and champions are likely used for many tasks that would have fallen to them.