What are champions doing when they're not fighting in the League of Legends?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neapolitan

05-25-2010

I think this sounds like a great thing for a group of bored fans with writing skills to start playing around with.

Vuther

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I think this sounds like a great thing for a large group of bored fans without writing skills to start playing around with. And maybe a couple who actually can write.
How fanfiction works.

Matthew21210

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babagahnoosh View Post
More is coming to the web soon. A *lot* more. I don't have an ETA on it, however.
*Sighs at requirements for Design department*
*Mutters hateful things*

You guys know this means "Well, I promised I'd at least run a boilerplate storyline or plan some sort of event, but I've been really tired and stuff guys. Just tell the guys in Graphics to palette swap another teemo skin...."

On a side note, who do I have to kill to get a singed skin. He can't be THAT hard to model to, and I can't see complications like with shaco or somewhat.

Or, has no one had a good idea?

Quote:
They will ALWAYS hold a grudge, regardless of the circumstances. When they are summoned into a Field of Justice, however, nothing else matters. The battle is everything.

I mean, if it weren't for the League, all of Runeterra would be a smoking pile of magical ruin.

Right?

Also, it irritates me to no end no ones called this out... You people not take basic english in high school? I mean, they teach this kind of stuff everywhere...
Right?

Any-ways......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recom View Post
Doppelganger ? Is this a champion to come ? :P (Could be really cool)
While it's clear that EZ-Real meant that in the sense of a doppleganger as an entity which assumes people shapes, and not in the sense of a champion, (Lrn2pronoun noob)
I would hope that'd be a given at some point.... Screw hard random, I want hard REALLLY random.

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

05-25-2010
19 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayd View Post
Nice work so far Babagahnoosh! I do wonder though: what are Riot's plans for distributing these story segments when they get written? Hosted on the site? In some section of the client somewhere?
A bit of everything, honestly. We're currently in the process of improving our channels by which we can deliver this sort of content to you guys. There have been some other pressing matters to work on, but lore development work is making its way to the head of the queue.

Dracorya

05-25-2010

Quote:
A bit of everything, honestly. We're currently in the process of improving our channels by which we can deliver this sort of content to you guys. There have been some other pressing matters to work on, but lore development work is making its way to the head of the queue.
Excellent! We lore nerds look forward to this future content!

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

05-25-2010
20 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delthanin View Post
An LoL RPG would be pretty sweet. Just throwing that out there. Lots of room to really show off the lore and the background stories.
Agreed! RPGs are my roots (as they are with a others I'm sure), though honestly putting something like that together would be a labor of love more than anything else. Such an endeavor requires a lot of work, and honestly with the limited resources I have at my disposal I couldn't justify putting it to work on an old school pen and paper project.

I think there's room in the future for a coffee table style book that gives the nuts and bolts of what you'd find in an RPG book (minus stats and systems). We'll see where the story development ideas we have already worked on this year takes us.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

05-25-2010

Can't wait, keep up the good work!

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

05-25-2010
21 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyte Crawler View Post
Thx Babagahnoosh, I always loved the lore of the game as well as stories and fanfics.
However,

I bolded the key part, according to Ezreal's lore he's a champion not by choice, but because its just a price to pay for the power he gets from his necklace.
This is the kind of stuff you get from lore nerds :P
As many of you guys will learn over the coming years following the League of Legends, I am a continuity nightmare. Added bonus: I wrote the original Ezreal bio as well. Yay for arguing with myself!~

I think Ezreal can both be "forced" into the champion gig and try to make a difference by doing it. I will, however, tweak the story to reflect that as well. Thank you for pointing it out to me!

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

05-25-2010
22 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyeBlaze View Post
It might be interesting to see a Lore sub forum. Or at least, moar lore!

NEED MOAR!
Agreed! I'll talk with Pendragon about this idea.

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

05-25-2010
23 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatBoweR View Post
any possibility of making it into hmm comic book or ebook?
will love to read my champion's tales.
I think graphic stories are definitely within the realm of possibility.