Why I believe the Yorick changes are bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Don't get me wrong, pretty much all of his changes were good. They increased his stats and made him able to take more damage.
However I see a big problem. Rather than addressing the issue with his regular ghosts being vaporious in nature, they made his ultimate non-vaporious.

His ultimate was the best thing about him when he was underpowered. Infact, it is really strong. Now that it no longer has 10% decay, I am afraid he will be really op.

I mean Yorick did do good damage against squishies in the laning phase and had semi-fair sustain similar to WW or Fiddles. But his problem was never his ultimate. His problem was his regular attack minions dying too fast.

Now he has a MUCH stronger version of Shaco's ultimate that can actually activate twice in a row! No only this, but unlike Shaco, who can only make another Shaco, he can make another Ashe, Vayne, Caitlyn.

tl;dr I think the ultimate needed the 10% decay to be balanced and the removal of the decay should have been on his regular ghouls.

edit: This is a constructive thread but is being downvoted. My only guess is you think its a good change and disagree so you downvote. If this is the case, remember my thread after the patch when you start calling him op.

PimpinEasy

07-08-2011

keep in mind its almost impossible to hit him with skillshots, he also farms like a beast.

Shrikil7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

I think they did remove the decay on his normal minions

Quote:
Removed the health decay on the Revenant and Reanimated pets
Revenant being the ult clone and the reanimated pets part being the ghouls.

FrozenXylaphone

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrikil7 View Post
I think they did remove the decay on his normal minions

Revenant being the ult clone and the reanimated pets part being the ghouls.
This part is filed under his ultimate. Kinda hard to tell if it means that or that this means the decay is removed from the revenant, the ghost looking clone, and the reanimated champion part.

If the reanimated champion still decays then that is good and I would hope that this is what it means, else he would be op me thinks.

Quote:
Omen of DeathUpdated the visual of Reanimated Champions to better show when a Champion has revived.
Removed the health decay on the Revenant and Reanimated pets
Fixed a bug with the interaction between Chronoshift and Revenants
Fixed a bug with Heimerdinger's turrets and the Reanimated state

Shrikil7

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
This part is filed under his ultimate. Kinda hard to tell if it means that or that this means the decay is removed from the revenant, the ghost looking clone, and the reanimated champion part.

If the reanimated champion still decays then that is good and I would hope that this is what it means, else he would be op me thinks.
Yeah that was my logic as to why I assume it means his pets. If the revived champion had no hp decay, they would effectively just revive.

noobsbeware

07-08-2011

So now his ultimate just brings them back to life? Not sure I'm understanding correctly ive never played yorick could anyone clarify

Shrikil7

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobsbeware View Post
So now his ultimate just brings them back to life? Not sure I'm understanding correctly ive never played yorick could anyone clarify
Like I said i'm pretty sure they don't fully revive still.

Accelerat0r

07-08-2011

I really don't think your post is long enough to need a tl;dr

FrozenXylaphone

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobsbeware View Post
Not quite sure what to make of it either. Maybe they will live based on a timer, meaning they will still die, but not just as quick as if they had the decay.

You see, when they did decay, if you wanted to kill them again, you could wait a few seconds and then you could easily kill them again with 1 bursty spell. If they don't decay but die on a timer, they will effectively be revived for this brief duration which will make you need to focus them again all over or lose the fight, and that doesn't seem balanced.

xKHORNExLORD420

07-08-2011

My 8 year old could have explained it better than riot did... he'd have probably mixed up his D's and B's though 8/