[Tweak] Atma's Impaler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Augustice

Senior Member

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by originial
Atma's Impaler
Total Price: 2355
Recipe Price: 825

45 Armor, 18 Critical Strike Chance. UNIQUE Passive: Physical attacks deal an additional 2% of your max Health in damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Change
Atma's Impaler
Total Price: 2355
Recipe Price: 825

45 Armor, 18 Critical Strike Chance. UNIQUE Passive: Physical attacks deal an additional 2% of your base Health in damage.
Alright, so recently there has been a lot of discussion on tanky dps and Atmogs. Personally I love buying Atma's for most of my melee characters. Its a great play style, but requires a bit of farm to attain. So lets talk about Lee Sin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Sin
Health: 1958
Attack Damage: 113
Speed: 325
Armor: 82.6
Magic Resist: 52.5
Critical Chance: 0%
Health Per 5 Sec: 18.85
Range 125
At level 18 this is what Lee looks like without any items. More importantly his base health is only 1958 and his attack dmg is 113. Now lets add a Warmogs and apply the effects at full farm. His health has grown by 1370 and now tops off at 3328. Now we add Atma's which puts his armor at 127, his crit at 18%, and his attack damage at 179. From his max health he gains 66 damage bonus.

Thats how Atma's works now, but with the change lets see how it looks.

If Atma's were to scale off your base health you would only be gaining AD off of 1958 at max level. At level 18 Lee would only gain 39 damage for his maximum base health. This is a pretty solid solution. It completely removes warmogs from the equation which is the core problem. Buying warmogs should be about the bonus health, not about gaining damage. Atma's still functions as it should and will still support the tanky dps builds. What it won't do is allow someone to gain a free BF sword along with 45 armor and 1370 health. It also will depend on the champion level which is great for scaling all game.

The problem isn't Atma's as an item. It just provides to much AD for being a defensive item. Yes it takes time to farm Warmogs, but at the end of the day killing minions is pretty easy. Allowing for base health scaling should stop a great deal of the QQ, but still enable skilled players to dish out Tanky dps damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-01-2011

Not really the best idea...if the scaling of Atma's is set to a character's base HP, then the entire point of the item is gone. There's no way for it to scale up and it's almost a dead end item. Sure, some champ's base health reaches around 2k, but that's 40 damage at the most. Not that that would be bad, but it would take away the point of Atma's scaling on HP, and it would also probably still do too much for one standalone item.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-01-2011

Or you could just build Madreds and counter anyone that builds Warmogs.
personaly I think Warmogs is sought of a nub item. I only ever build it on Mundo and very rarely on Cho'Gath and olaf


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fatum

Junior Member

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
if the scaling of Atma's is set to a character's base HP, then the entire point of the item is gone
Idea is to build character as a tank, buy 1 ONE item and get significant amount of damage(also with 45 armor and 18% crit)? The idea of this item is wrong. It must be nerfed in any way.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyOFtheVoid View Post
Or you could just build Madreds and counter anyone that builds Warmogs.
personaly I think Warmogs is sought of a nub item. I only ever build it on Mundo and very rarely on Cho'Gath and olaf
and the tanky dps buys 1 mresist item and still remains in advantage. of course you can try to counter anything, but this is an imbalanced item. it should be nerfed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustice View Post
The problem isn't Atma's as an item. It just provides to much AD for being a defensive item. Yes it takes time to farm Warmogs, but at the end of the day killing minions is pretty easy. Allowing for base health scaling should stop a great deal of the QQ, but still enable skilled players to dish out Tanky dps damage.
Augustice, I like your solution. Most of all I agree Riots should nerf Atma's in any way. Your idea is a good one, cause it's still gives more damage to tanky characters than squishies, but the bonus damage won't ruin the whole balance thing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatum View Post
Idea is to build character as a tank, buy 1 ONE item and get significant amount of damage(also with 45 armor and 18% crit)? The idea of this item is wrong. It must be nerfed in any way.
This is true. I was saying that the direction of that specific tweak would be pointless and they may as well have made it say Unique passive: +35 AD instead of scaling on base HP.

I'd personally like to see how it would do with a 1% scaling instead of 2%, a really farmed Cho'gath could pull a 50-60 AD boost off that but not many others.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Augustice

Senior Member

09-02-2011

The problem isn't the item itself, but the combination of items it supports. Remove the combination aspect and suddenly people will think before they purchase that warmogs. Base health is a pretty good deal on most characters. It still helps significantly but won't abuse the massive health bonus from certain items.