Here's the thing

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Wiggles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2011

People aren't mad because it's not out. They are mad because Riot said "Soon after PAX." If your boss asks when something will be done and you say soon, they will expect it within the week if not within the day. Also, we have seen gameplay and a HUGE amount of hype. So we know the game mode is working. There might be some glitches, but what doesn't have glitches? But a company saying a blanket statement of when something will come out is not enough for today's consumer. We like solid dates. I'd be much happier if the game mode came out when they said with glitches than if it didn't come out until a good bit later than intended and perfect (Which perfection is impossible to achieve).

I love me some LoL, but when a company says soon or late August I expect soon or late August, not mid September. Blizzard lost a lot of respect when SC2 went from 2 years later to 12 years later. It's bad business.

King Ron Jeremy

09-01-2011

+1 getting ready to repurchase all the expansions for WoW to play again... no more soons.

z kanee

09-01-2011

I see where they're coming from on this. Jozreal said that they didn't want to let people down if they ended up not being able to release it when they said they would. They also like the element of suprise. I've said this in other threads aswell, but I don't really care if they release a specific date on Dominion, I just want a rough estimate.

RealMithron

09-01-2011

Well, I understand why it didn't come out this Tuesday. This Tuesday was not a regular patch day, and next Tuesday is. Next Tuesday is definitely "immediately after PAX" in my books so I'm not mad at all.

They were nice enough to give us an ETA, apply common sense and know that things rarely ever go as scheduled and planned. Expect disappointment, be prepared for excitement. Not that hard.

P3W Gizeh

09-01-2011

Compared to history of mankind, even 2030 would be shortly after PAX, and compared to history of earth itself even 5555 would be right after PAX. Clam the duck down man.
People aren't mad because they don't have a specific date (because we do have next week which was calculated by a lot of people for several reasons and seems logical), they are simply mad.

E: yea downvote me whiners, get a life instead of complaining that you can't play Dominion

RaspyTurnover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2011

It hasnt been 2 weeks since the last patch

Manemz

09-01-2011

Totaly agree.... Riot understand this, we are not mad becouse it isnt out, we are mad becouse you guys give a date and then dont respect it.... we need solid information....
and this with everything..... we dont care if it takes long, but respect the days, if you guys have to say "one more month" do it, but respect it....

CaiusTSR

09-01-2011

I rather have it working with little bugs than have it rushed and glitchy. Patience rewards those greatly who waits.

P3W Gizeh

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manemz View Post
Totaly agree.... Riot understand this, we are not mad becouse it isnt out, we are mad becouse you guys give a date and then dont respect it.... we need solid information....
and this with everything..... we dont care if it takes long, but respect the days, if you guys have to say "one more month" do it, but respect it....
They didn't give a date. They said shortly after PAX which can be next month too.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

09-01-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartmanVT View Post
But a company saying a blanket statement of when something will come out is not enough for today's consumer. We like solid dates.
But...these estimates change.

If you're unhappy because 'soon' is turning out to be longer than you thought it was, how much unhappier would you be if we'd given a hard date and passed it? We go past internal release dates all the time because we don't want to create negative player experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z kanee View Post
I see where they're coming from on this. Jozreal said that they didn't want to let people down if they ended up not being able to release it when they said they would. They also like the element of suprise. I've said this in other threads aswell, but I don't really care if they release a specific date on Dominion, I just want a rough estimate.
Soon is honestly about as close as we can get, because of what I mentioned above - when we start getting specific, we start being able to break expectations we've explicitly set.

1234511 ... 16