Dominion predictions from a nobody!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Terrornoid

09-01-2011

Lightbringer will be a staple for ranged AD's.

Warwick is going to be secretly OP.

Thornmail will be prevalent and it will almost replace Sunfire Cape.

Vayne's Silver Bolts are going to become even stronger. Consequently, TF might see improvement as well. Jax probably wont.

Zhonya's Hour Glass may or may not rise in popularity. Can't decide on this one yet.

Movement speed boots aren't going to be nearly as popular as people think they are.

There is a very strong chance Hextech Gunblade will see large use on a larger champion base. Will of the Ancients may or may not pick up. Too hard to tell atm.

Priscilla's Blessing will most likely be non-existent, then overused, then finally used on certain champions regularly.

Depending on the above, Nidalee's "jungle" spear may become almost as novel as bush-face-checking vs. Garen.

If Kitae's Bloodrazor rises in popularity, so will Hexdrinker, but not until people figure it out.

Everyone is still going to laugh at Tiamats.

People are either going to learn to stun Katarina, or she will be nerfed.

There will be a new found respect for Poppy.

Sion + Sivir Duo ques are going to rise.

That's all I got for now, and I'm calling it! Add your predictions!

10Daniel01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2011

i like it

bigmontana

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrornoid View Post
Promote teams are going to be the most annoying teams you will fight. It may possibly be adjusted.

Everyone is still going to laugh at Tiamats.

People are either going to learn to stun Katarina, or she will be nerfed.
These 3 are fun so I'll comment on them lol.

1) Sadly not so much since only melee minions can be promoted and there's only 1 per wave. I was looking forward to a mass-promoted wave but apparently that would indeed be just TOO annoying lol.

2) Always

3) Hopefully neither. I look forward to playing on low level accounts and hearing the rage that spammed Kat ults will undoubtably generate :P

JoeRoberts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2011

Lifesteal and spell vamp are only good in SR because there's minions to lifesteal off of. With a 20% healing reduction and nothing to deal consistent damage to, lightbringer is useless, and so is WoA. For that matter, so is Warwick; he won't even be able to heal when going from one side of the map to another, so it's not like he'll disappear and suddenly be full health.

There are a LOT of beefy magic-damage-based champions that will do well in Dominion. For that matter, three potentially popular champions deal true damage. Your predictions about the two high-armor items of Zhonya's and Thornmail becoming popular are as laughable and uninformed as your predictions about spell vamp.

I don't even want to respond to the rest of your stuff. Some seems accurate, but it'd be pretty **** hard to mess up some of those obvious predictions.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I just realized I was being an *******. I should probably go get something to eat. My apologizes.

bigmontana

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRoberts View Post
Lifesteal and spell vamp are only good in SR because there's minions to lifesteal off of. With a 20% healing reduction and nothing to deal consistent damage to, lightbringer is useless, and so is WoA. For that matter, so is Warwick; he won't even be able to heal when going from one side of the map to another, so it's not like he'll disappear and suddenly be full health.

There are a LOT of beefy magic-damage-based champions that will do well in Dominion. For that matter, three potentially popular champions deal true damage. Your predictions about the two high-armor items of Zhonya's and Thornmail becoming popular are as laughable and uninformed as your predictions about spell vamp.

I don't even want to respond to the rest of your stuff. Some seems accurate, but it'd be pretty **** hard to mess up some of those obvious predictions.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I just realized I was being an *******. I should probably go get something to eat. My apologizes.
Pretty sure the latest word was spellvamp and lifesteal are NOT affected by the -20% healing defbuff but only character spells (so WW's Q for example as well as all actual heal spells). I think stacking spell vamp and lifesteal will actually be quite popular as the mode seems to be about surviving as long as you can throughout constant battles. But we'll see for sure once it launches

Edit: I agree the relative lack of minions (and jungle) will diminish lifesteal/spell vamp. I fondly remember running to ghost camp while pushing an inhib turret in a poking match at half hp and coming back into the lane at full lol. But I still hold it will be popular based off the fact that people seem to back MUCH less frequently than in SR. Thus any sort of sustain mechanic will prove very valuable. Inc warmogs spam on all chars lol

Terrornoid

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmontana View Post
1) Sadly not so much since only melee minions can be promoted and there's only 1 per wave. I was looking forward to a mass-promoted wave but apparently that would indeed be just TOO annoying lol.
Ah, I hadn't heard of this yet! Makes sense though. I'll have to remove it from my list. :P

@Joe: No harm, no foul. :]

bigmontana

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrornoid View Post
Ah, I hadn't heard of this yet! Makes sense though. I'll have to remove it from my list. :P

@Joe: No harm, no foul. :]
Nah don't remove it just put an asterisk saying "this SHOULD be a prediction but riot is no fun" lol. I totally get why they're doing it that way but man it woulda been fun to mass promote the same lane the instant the game started

BadgerBarrage

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmontana View Post
Pretty sure the latest word was spellvamp and lifesteal are NOT affected by the -20% healing defbuff but only character spells (so WW's Q for example as well as all actual heal spells)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...0&highlight=20

From the wording on the debuff (It sounds almost exactly like spirit visage) and Zileas' comment, it definitely does affect spellvamp/lifesteal.

Edit: I stand corrected. I hadn't seen that Brackhar had posted in that same thread further down. Link is still good if anyone wanted confirmation of that though.

Maleseism

09-02-2011

That's not a prediction, it's an informed guess. I predict your first game will last 21:53.

KidDizaster

Recruiter

09-03-2011

You forgot the most obvious one of all:

Mundo will still go where he pleases.