@Riot, Ignoring questions about Dominion's Release date?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-01-2011

Luck about the game being free is nothing. If LoL weren't free, people would find other popular games to play.

Second, the game works perfectly fine at PAX. Not to mention its going to have bugs upon release, as EVERYTHING Riot releases has problems on release. Even Patches with nothing but Champion Nerfs/Buffs have bugs.

Arance

09-01-2011

Joz recently put it best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
Unfortunately we don't generally give out release dates in advance, even for regular patches.

This is done for your own benefit, actually. If we refrain from creating player expectations that may be broken, you guys are generally much happier . For example:

If I told you we were going to put out the next release at 4:05 PM tomorrow, and we did it, it would be a nonevent for you. We did what we said we were going to do.

If we then delayed it (even to 4:30 PM, or even Saturday), you would have expected it earlier and may even have scheduled your playing sessions around this, which we have now disrupted. You are, understandably, upset.

If we find that something is ready earlier than we anticipated, we may release it earlier than our original internal goal. However, if we release something earlier than a messaged release date, players sometimes feel lied to - that we intentionally set the date farther back and then 'released it early' to 'buy' goodwill. Players may also have their previously mentioned schedules disrupted in a similar way, leading to (again deserved) frustration.

Add this to the simple fact that I don't know when the next scheduled downtime is myself, and unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. Sorry!

RealMithron

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Link View Post
Luck about the game being free is nothing. If LoL weren't free, people would find other popular games to play.
Name any other MMO and I'll tell you why I don't play it.

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMithron View Post
Name any other MMO and I'll tell you why I don't play it.
You seem to be under delusions that I value your opinion on other games.

l Diabetic Dan l

09-01-2011

Not to mention, LoL isn't an MMO. It's a 5v5... which is far from an MMO. If you qualify LoL as an MMO then every Multiplayer game on the net is an MMO... which is far from the truth..

Back on topic,

Soon was a good enough answer for me. It should be out with in a comfortable "soon"ish time such as before the end of this month.

1Kenpachi1

09-01-2011

Yeah, Im fine with those Jozrael's words, that answer my doubts, ty

Von Voytz

Recruiter

09-01-2011

I would rather wait a few more days or even weeks then have it be unfinished and the game doesn't work from everyone logging in at once to play it.

1Kenpachi1

09-01-2011

I can wait too, I just wanted to know a estimated Date, to be prepared, but.. thinking about it, I prefer a surprise in this case

RealMithron

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Link View Post
You seem to be under delusions that I value your opinion on other games.
Obviously you do because you made an effort to post your own opinions on it because other people did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHopesFall View Post
Not to mention, LoL isn't an MMO. It's a 5v5... which is far from an MMO. If you qualify LoL as an MMO then every Multiplayer game on the net is an MMO... which is far from the truth..
MMO = Massively Multiplayer Online game. What is LoL? It's a Massively Multiplayer Online game. How many thousands of people play it? Just because you play in a 5vs5 setting doesn't mean it's not an MMO. MMO can be a MOBA. MMO doesn't just mean WoW, it means any Massively Multiplayer Online game.

Ă…nnihilation

09-01-2011

Soon!?