Which champions can lane against Morderkaiser? Please help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Virture

05-20-2010

Except Janna, Ashe. 2 melee champions have no way to lane against 1 Morderkaiser.

DreamyDays

05-20-2010

If you have only melee skills, bad luck.
Unless you have some kind of jump-in skill and a stun, better ask for a lane change.

If you do have a ranged skill, then you can beat him back if you outplay him.
Mordekaiser needs to be aggressive, and that aggressive comes from his shields.
Try to hit him when he has low shield, thereby damaging his health directly.
His skills cost health to use, so the more damage you do to his health, the more you gimp him. Seriously.

Also, beware when Morde get to level 3, 5, 6.
At 3 and 5, he gets a new level of siphon, which scales well with skill level.
At 6, he gets his ult, which can turn you into his pawn.

Michelle Zen

05-20-2010

I also have trouble using Tristana to lane against him in mid, it's like this huge steel battleship that will go through your minions and your attacks like it doesn't care.

TheImmortalVirus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-20-2010

I haven't found anything to really be able to lane against mord except another mord..I had a mundo do good once b/c of his ult being annoying and him being super defensive.
Note i consider someone being good meaning they don't die to me.
99 out of 100 games I kill the person in the lane once(mid)

SirTheFuzzy

05-20-2010

a good sion can out lane mord with ease, shield needs to be your main Harass and your main anti harass max shield asap, get 1 level into stun and enrage, dont get your ult until everything is maxed or you are pushing a tower

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

I am learning to lane against Mord very well as Taric.
I have to deviate from my normal build (based mainly on Imbue (heal) and Shatter) and go for heavy Shatter and Dazzle (double nuke) instead.
Thanks to some tips and tricks from the forums, I find that it is quite possible to try to stun Mord just when he runs in to try to build his shield. In such case, I can run in, Shatter, and sneak in a few melee hits, and eventually force him out of the lane.
Only works if I'm using Doran's Shield though, since I won't be able to heal myself.

I think a "Suicide" lunge might also work. Imagine if you're Yi, you can Alpha Strike in to destroy the minions just as Mord is about to charge his shield. This will force him to hit you, causing all minions to focus on him, draining his shield, and may even hurt him significantly. (Remember, he would be hit by Alpha + your auto attack). Other champs might be able to pull some similar tactics.

If you're a champ with good zoning ability, you can also try to force him to have harder time charging up his shield in general.

Most importantly, you have to manage the pace of your creep wave and your attack. If you can drop some of his armor right after a creep wave, his shield will be very low at the beginning of the next wave, since he won't have a way to charge it. Then you can try to harass him during that time.

mult1pass44

05-20-2010

what about a good katarina

Virture

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mult1pass44 View Post
what about a good katarina
yes, it works

Deadly Paradox

05-20-2010

Alistar
Blitzcrank
Cho'Gath
Nunu
Singed
Sion
Taric

Akali
Jax
Katarina
Mundo
Nasus
Poppy
Udyr

Pick one from the top and one from the bottom. Congratulations, you just ground your Mordekaiser to iron shavings.

Nethervoid

05-20-2010

Janna eats his face.