Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Dominion coming today?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingCobruh

08-31-2011

its not coming out anytime soon...

RealMithron

08-31-2011

There was no patch today, you must have received the patch that fixed the retreat ping unable to be un-bined. I think it also included support for a new "recommended items" that you can personally customize now. This was a few days ago, not today, today being 8/31/2011.

Dominion will almost certainly not be released on Friday. Since we didn't get it this Tuesday, the most likely day of it being released is next Tuesday or any Tuesday beyond that. Riot only patches every other Tuesday (Last Tuesday was patch, so it only makes sense this Tuesday was not patched) and have done so for so long to keep a feeling of consistency for LoL's users. Everyone knows Riot will only patch every other Tuesday, so they're able to schedule Tuesdays/Wednesday off as "patch day."

This is very important for people that work a lot, which I'm willing to say a lot of LoLers are adults who do have jobs and work. It's also easier for Riot's workers to do it this way, too.

So, no, not Friday. It would break a lot of schedules and consistency, something companies rarely if ever do.

Next Tuesday is definitely the strongest day, though.

xBrenji

08-31-2011

******* you got me all excited

BunniesFromHell

08-31-2011

The reason I've been expecting it to suddenly and unexpectedly drop any day now is that they have everything patched in for Dominion as far as I know, and they said we'd have it shortly after PAX. I'm not sure why they would patch everything in with a separate patch from the one that releases Dominion unless they're planning on releasing Dominion at some point outside of a standard Tuesday patch date.

It would definitely be really nice if we'd at least get any more detailed estimate of its release date besides "soon," though, because I'm getting really excited to play it, every day I wake up and there's no Dominion yet I die a little inside.

00Donger

09-01-2011

Quote:
VanDarkholme:
The reason I've been expecting it to suddenly and unexpectedly drop any day now is that they have everything patched in for Dominion as far as I know, and they said we'd have it shortly after PAX. I'm not sure why they would patch everything in with a separate patch from the one that releases Dominion unless they're planning on releasing Dominion at some point outside of a standard Tuesday patch date.

It would definitely be really nice if we'd at least get any more detailed estimate of its release date besides "soon," though, because I'm getting really excited to play it, every day I wake up and there's no Dominion yet I die a little inside.

They don't have everything patched, in the last patch they said something along the lines of this patch is larger than usual because we're uploading SOME of Dominion this patch so it doesn't make such a big patch next time

xBrenji

09-01-2011

dominion will never come out

CzechErface

09-01-2011

true

1Kenpachi1

09-01-2011

Expect the unexpected = NO Dominion for a month at least..

Argotto

09-01-2011

I'd have to agree with those that say it isn't anytime soon.

Don't expect it for another 3-4 weeks imo. Servers have been crapping out every day, and there are issues since the patch (example being the aoe bug, among others). I want it out too, but it is better to accept that it wont be coming out for a while.

CryptRat

09-01-2011

Quote:
RealMithron:
I think it also included support for a new "recommended items" that you can personally customize now.
I want this; where is it?