Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion is free.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RealMithron

08-31-2011

Just to make sure that everyone knows this, Dominion will be 100% free forever starting at launch. I saw a post saying it wasn't going to be, but I want to reassure everyone that it is.

I'll update this post with a video proving it as soon as I get back from class.

Video, Rivington states Dominion is absolutely free at 0:03:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AskcduM7ezc

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-31-2011

Yeap, it's free.

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

08-31-2011

Dominion's a Peacock. We had to set it free!

David12596

08-31-2011

Quote:
RealMithron:
Just to make sure that everyone knows this, Dominion will be 100% free forever starting at launch. I saw a post saying it wasn't going to be, but I want to reassure everyone that it is.

I'll update this post with a video proving it as soon as I get back from class.

I don't understand why anyone would think Riot would charge for a game mode. I mean did they charge us for Co-op vs AI!?!?! i don't think so.

The second thing i don't understand are all the comment saying its a lie, its not coming, etc. Yes, any company would put months if not years into a project just to wake up one day and say..."i don't feel like working on it anymore." LOL

DongToTheKnees

08-31-2011

lol

Semantic Memory

Recruiter

08-31-2011

Quote:
David12596:
I don't understand why anyone would think Riot would charge for a game mode. I mean did they charge us for Co-op vs AI!?!?! i don't think so.

The second thing i don't understand are all the comment saying its a lie, its not coming, etc. Yes, any company would put months if not years into a project just to wake up one day and say..."i don't feel like working on it anymore." LOL

*cough Magma Chamber cough*

David12596

08-31-2011

Quote:
Semantic Memory:
*cough Magma Chamber cough*

we don't even know if they had a map for it in development with the creeps, towers, etc. All we saw where concepts and art work. No in-game screen shoots. Also just because they did not continue to work on Magma Chamber, does not mean they have dropped it forever.

I mean, if i had a choice to make another 5v5 tower base map or a new game mode that involves capturing objectives and more face past, i would pick the new game mode without a doubt.

Dance Dark

08-31-2011

The plan with Dominion:

"Oh wow, X champion that I'd never use on Summoner's Rift has a really good/unique role and playstyle in Dominion! But then I also want Y champion for SR, and I can't spend IP on both... I know, I'll get RP! Y runes aren't really used in SR, but they're really good in Dominion! I need to use my IP on that too, so I have less for champions, and I may need to get an IP boost to buy the runes fast enough. Wow, X champion I played with on Dominion is really fun, and I have a different perspective on him now compared to what I thought of him on SR! Since I love them so much, I'll buy a skin for him, too!"

Note: not hating on Riot.

David12596

08-31-2011

Quote:
Dance Dark:
The plan with Dominion:

"Oh wow, X champion that I'd never use on Summoner's Rift has a really good/unique role and playstyle in Dominion! But then I also want this champion for SR, and I can't spend IP on both... I know, I'll get RP! Y runes aren't really used in SR, but they're really good in Dominion! I need to use my IP on that too, so I have less for champions, and I may need to get an IP boost to buy the runes fast enough. Wow, X champion I played with on Dominion is really fun, and I have a different perspective on him now compared to what I thought of him on SR! Since I love them so much, I'll buy a skin for him, too!"

Note: not hating on Riot.

Any champion you have can be used for Dominion, SR, or TT. You don't have to purchase a champion multiple times to play them in a different game mode. I can't see runes being a problem.

Dom00

08-31-2011

Quote:
David12596:
Any champion you have can be used for Dominion, SR, or TT. You don't have to purchase a champion multiple times to play them in a different game mode. I can't see runes being a problem.

Think you misread his point