I don't feel like DPS characters get good boots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

08-31-2011

I'm being dead serious here. When I play a DPS character I'm generally trapped with three options:

1, if I'm deciding to do what EVERY DPS character and their dogs do, I buy Berzerker greaves.
2, If veigar is pissing me off, I'll get merc treads.
3, by some weird point where another DPS character is tearing my face off, I'll buy Ninja Tabai.

Now, the issue with this, is that berzerker greaves don't really scale well. It's what most DPS characters use, but there's not really an enticement to wear them when 2 phantom dancers (items that are not uncommon for DPS builds) offer you MORE than berzerker greaves in every aspect.

Meanwhile, mages and tanks both have boots that are good all day. The ionian boots and Sorc Treads make life easier for mages, and Boots of swiftness, Ninja tabai, and Merc treads are all available for tanks.

I feel like the DPS crowd (not that we aren't OP as can be the way it is), need more appealing boots.

My suggestion? A pair of vampire boots, and a pair of crit boots.

I think I'd find myself wearing more boots if it gave me vampirism. Vampirism items are generally a bother to have in my inventory because they're relatively required for DPS champs, but really ONLY offer you that vampirism. Buying one clogs the inventory and makes it impossible to buy items like black cleaver without sacrificing something in return.

The crit boots just feel good. I probably wouldn't wear them till late game (once again, phantom dancers), but they'd give me a little buffer room as I build a crit chance.

I know this will get yelled at, but it's an idea.

NewGeneration

08-31-2011

I agree wit this i been thinkin some simila **** fo a long ass time

BAKEDDDDD

08-31-2011

It is an idea, a terrible idea.
99% of games I play I find it obvious what boots I will need by the enemies team comp.

Rectal Necrosis

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKEDDDDD View Post
It is an idea, a terrible idea.
99% of games I play I find it obvious what boots I will need by the enemies team comp.
Which is a viable option. But for some DPS characters, all we need is something like a banshee's veil or a frozen mallet with at most a warmogs for an enemy team.

l1lshadow

08-31-2011

Ranged ad champions sometimes get boots of swiftness and cd reliant ad champions like renekton can get cdr boots. At least they still get a variety of boots to choose from instead of only one or two. Ad carries are well...CARRIES...making better boots for ad champions is going to make them a lot stronger. Vamp boots? Pendragon Yi op. Hey, Atmogs is so stale maybe we should have 5 more items that gives health and does damage based on health. Life steal items don't only offer that, look at bloodthirster, a lot of damage and the highest with all stacks. Stark's Fervor are great on champions that need life steal and attack speed not to mention the long forgotten passive.

HotHit

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectal Necrosis View Post
Meanwhile, mages and tanks both have boots that are good all day. The ionian boots and Sorc Treads make life easier for mages, and Boots of swiftness, Ninja tabai, and Merc treads are all available for tanks.
Ionian boots are not mage specific. Every champion in the game scales with cooldown reduction. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Boots of swiftness, Ninja Tabi and Merc treads aren't tank specific. While tanks tend to love Merc's and Tabi, they're useful for any champion since a choice of boots is necessary and their defensive stats are very useful. Boots of Swiftness are useful for any champion who needs a bit of extra movement speed, Rammus, Amumu, Cho'gath, Alistar and Leona all choose to ignore them in favour of other boots choices.

You have PLENTY of boots choices.

Rectal Necrosis

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHit View Post
Ionian boots are not mage specific. Every champion in the game scales with cooldown reduction. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Boots of swiftness, Ninja Tabi and Merc treads aren't tank specific. While tanks tend to love Merc's and Tabi, they're useful for any champion since a choice of boots is necessary and their defensive stats are very useful. Boots of Swiftness are useful for any champion who needs a bit of extra movement speed, Rammus, Amumu, Cho'gath, Alistar and Leona all choose to ignore them in favour of other boots choices.

You have PLENTY of boots choices.
That's not so much the issue as much as AD carries don't really have a need for boots when they get phantom dancers. The issue is that they need boots that make having boots more appealing than just stacking Phantoms.

NBot

08-31-2011

i think that a new pair of boots can be needed, but not crit or life steal boots. i think we could use armor pen boots as you can get more armor than mr in single items and mages have better options for magic pen

edit: and when i say armor pen boots im saying 10-15 not 20 like the sorc boots

Eddiot

08-31-2011

No to ArPen because as it is DPS wreck late game, adding ArPen boots just make that late game less late.

Thubgar

09-01-2011

the lack of option is kinda boring, but upping your dps by 25% is nothing to sneeze at.
sorc boots doesnt usually increase mage damage by that much