Akali domination, but will it last? Information Inside

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

costas84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

Ok so im playing as Akali right now and im dominating every game, but i feel like the domination wont last for long, im level 10 atm.

I usually get this item build:

Dorans Blade + HP Potion
Mercury Treads or Swiftness Boots depending on enemy team + 2 hp potion.
Rylai's Scepter (im being fed like hell so i can afford it early on)
Sheen
Lich Bane

I focus on maximizing Mark of the Assassin and Crescent slash while having 1 point in Twilight shroud in level 5.

Pretty much any games that ive played didnt last for long enough to think ahead of Lich Bane.

I am getting scores like 13-0-4.

I am playing AP Akali atm, i saw a guide on Leaguecraft .

I feel like this domination wont last for long, i am asking if theres anything wrong with my item build or skill build so that the domination will last for longer and against more skilled players.

Eppa

05-20-2010

if you get twilight shroud at 5 you can't get lvl 3 MotA. Get TS at 4 instead.

costas84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

My bad, i meant 1 point in twilight shrowd at level 5.

Akyio

05-20-2010

I think you are dominating because you are level 10, so opponents are about the same level, but also because people don't really know how to counter akali, especially people in a bit lower elo.
Not sure what akali's build is the best tho'.
Next patch there will be introduced new item, so guinsoo + the new item is gonna be a nice item for akali, considering her being one of the most hybrid champion here.

costas84

05-20-2010

I think so too, thats why im asking if theres anything wrong with my item build or skill build, so that i can dominate in high level too.

Eppa

05-20-2010

Try a rageblade.

Quiksmith

05-20-2010

lvl 10is why your domniating....

She actually has a very low W/L ratio

Amaterasuomikami

05-20-2010

Seriously? Im level 30 and im doing very well with her, and i can tell you that im very upper-mid elo, as proven by the people i play against/with more then once

and i do very very well with her, like amazingly well

HOWEVER i am not stupid, aka i kill the squishies and make their life hell running around and ganking once im 6

Akali is however not OPed by any means, she is
#1 a new champ and people dont quite get what she does yet
#2 so freakin easy to get down with a simple CC at the right time [aka dont do it when shes in her stealth]
#3 She is like all other assassins, jump in take the squishy out- get out before the beefy characters pwn you in the butt

Shes pretty well balanced imo :] atleast i have no trouble stopping her because i know what to do

Kavanah

05-20-2010

[QUOTE=costas84;1349674]
I usually get this item build:

Dorans Blade + HP Potion
Mercury Treads or Swiftness Boots depending on enemy team + 2 hp potion.

If you don't have the masteries and runes yet to get her passive at lvl 1, then I wouldnt use Dorans. I use it at lvl 27 simply because I get the passive for extra life steal. I would instead get a longsword + pot or an ability tome + pot. Probably Ability though since you play her more AP. Which is best imo. Next don't get your lvl 2 boots before sheen. Just get boots of speed and then rush sheen. It's a major boost to your burst dps. After sheen you can start to build your rylais, preferably with belt first if you can afford it. After you get your rylais then you may want to upgrade your boots or at least after you get a few more items. Boots aren't make or break on her, she needs good burst to down people fast. Once the team fights start rolling around, then yes, boots like merc will probably help you out a good bit.

Goodluck!

Kinkybear

05-20-2010

I'm level 30 with well over 200 wins and well into a positive ratio. So what ever elo that puts me in. BUt I play akali and do extremely well with her currently 30W 15L 400+kills 189 deaths 300+ assists. I can carry bad teams hell even won multiple 4v5 games with her. You just have to play her smart. So is she op no, but she is very strong in the right hands.