[Guide] Windamere. He still exists.(Brief)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThreeLittleBirds

06-06-2010

I just want to clarify some point

1. Tryndamere is squishy early/mid game

I start out with 666hp (without dorans), which is plenty, plus tryndamere is one of the champs that has the most hp/lvl

2. Tryndamere is weak early game

Wrong. Just very very wrong. If you have a crit% rune page, or buy a brawlers glove, you should have plenty of crit chance. So lets say you are lvl1, 1/2 hp with 3 bloodlust stacks, and you are lucky enough to get 2-3 crits in a fight. Thats about 250-350- damage in a short amount of time.

3. Tryndamere is useless in mid game.

Wrong again. Most of the time i start my domination in mid game. Its really easy, if you get 1-2 early kill and you farm well, to out farm your opponent. Once you have outfarmed him, you should have boots and 1-2 zeals, which will give you great run speed, and that will earn you 3-4 kills. So by the time you get your real items (IE. LW, Ghostblade). you should be something like 5-0-3.

4. Tryndamere can easily be shutdown if you harass him.

This can be true, but it never happened to me. Now you might ask "Oh Grandmaster Threelittlebirds, how can you not get shutdown?". Well thats quite simple. get 2 avarice blades. You ll most of the time keep them for over 25 mins, thats about 800$. The other trick is to jungle every chance you get, if you have a jungler, well, get an elixir and kill the guys harassing you.

Maybe im repeating myself, but with over 260 wins with trynd, im pretty confident about my techniques.

CTHDRL

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax349 View Post
You do not want lifesteal in lane. It means you have to get in close to autoattack, which you can't do as melee vs a decent lane. You'll want regen to get a crit/last hits and then get back out to bloodlust back up. Lifesteal also means you have to autoattack to regen, which is bad. If you're not last hitting, you're going to be at their tower, and with a serious disadvantage.

You also say Last Whisper isn't good? It's one of the biggest boosts to your DPS you can get, and you're building way too much crit chance with crit runes and Phantom Dancer. Of course the crit runes help earlygame, but the Phantom Dancer isnt really needed. You want around 55% crit chance as trynd, as you're optimal at low health, with your ulti up, and this will place you at 100% crit chance thanks to his passive, it's like building more than Last Whisper for aspd as Twitch. Otherwise I think it's a fairly good guide.
Trynd is not a normal carry. He is not played like one.

I have already stated why vamp scepter is a good item for him in this thread. Read the whole thing.

There are better items to get. His damage comes from crits; his healing comes from crits. Having his crit chance as close to 100% is the way to go.

There is no reason to get below half-health outside of a 5V5 teamfight with my playstyle. with starks you lifesteal too much; and you crit so often your bloodlust is constantly stacked.

Not only that but you can tank towers easily; by being able to rely on crits. Just sit there smacking creeps get 8 stacks heal; hit tower until CD is back up; repeat. You can tank a tower forever.

This is not possible with ~55% crit chance.

I've said once and I'll say it again. Trynd has a unique playstyle.

Think outside of the box.

P.S. you get plenty of armor pen with starks. And even more if you decide to get ghost blade.

Last whisper is totally unnecessary and less useful when you have starks and/or ghost blade.

You do not have to follow this guide. If you think your build is better, by all means use it. Doesn't bother me.

ThreeLittleBirds

06-12-2010

Oh so you have plenty of armor penetration with Starks and ghostblade??? really???

Starks=20
ghostblade= 15 or 20 (dont remember)
Runes= 20

for a total of around 55.

Now lets say some1 has 250 armor. That would make a total of 195 armor, which is huge. My point being that last whisper is everything but unnecessary.

I personally prefer getting ghostblade, starks, SotD and last whisper. Even with the nerf.

CTHDRL

06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLittleBirds View Post
Oh so you have plenty of armor penetration with Starks and ghostblade??? really???

Starks=20
ghostblade= 15 or 20 (dont remember)
Runes= 20

for a total of around 55.

Now lets say some1 has 250 armor. That would make a total of 195 armor, which is huge. My point being that last whisper is everything but unnecessary.

I personally prefer getting ghostblade, starks, SotD and last whisper. Even with the nerf.
If you are playing Trynd and you are attacking someone with more than 100 armor; you're doing it wrong.

Trynd is the squishy annihilator. Your job is to 2-3 shot those pesky cc/nuker casters. And those squishy tristanas/yis/sorakas etc

Not the Shens, or Alistars, or Amumu's.

You can continue arguing if you want; but really you're just embarrassing yourself. Which is not something I'm obligated to be spending a lot of time coddling.

And you still are not understanding basic math.

LW = a %

If you already have base Arpen it makes that % LESS USEFUL.

Starks and ghost blade are both better items for Trynd then LW. Which means you should never get LW beacuse with either of those and ESPECIALLY with both LW is NOT WORTH THE PRICE.

Maybe caps will help you read better.

ThreeLittleBirds

06-12-2010

Hahah, everything you are saying is true. More flat armor penetration = Less armor penetration from LW. And its true, trynd has to kill the dps. But you are still missing the point. And no, im not embarrassed, i understand perfectly the mechanics of the game and my role has a carry yet i know im right. Why? because i probably played 3 times more with trynd than you did. You'll understand when youll be more experienced.

Bitterz

06-12-2010

Are you guys sure on your maths? I was under the impression that armor pen was calculated like so:

1st: Armor Reduction (ex: Black Cleaver)
2nd: Armor % Ignored (ex: Last Whisper)
3rd: Flat Armor Penetration (ex: Brutalizer/Runes)

In this case, Flat Armor Penetration is not going to change the effectiveness of Last Whisper, but will instead, simply be tacked on to the end of it.

ThreeLittleBirds

06-12-2010

it changed, last patch.

CTHDRL

06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLittleBirds View Post
Hahah, everything you are saying is true. More flat armor penetration = Less armor penetration from LW. And its true, trynd has to kill the dps. But you are still missing the point. And no, im not embarrassed, i understand perfectly the mechanics of the game and my role has a carry yet i know im right. Why? because i probably played 3 times more with trynd than you did. You'll understand when youll be more experienced.
If you're not embarrassed then I'm embarrassed for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

I already had to explain to a kid in my Shaco guide how credibility has nothing to do with these forums.

Everything in this guide you ca reproduce and test yourself if you disagree; therefore my credibility or "experience with this champion" is entirely unimportant.

Now if we were in court; and I were an eye-witness to a homicide. Then sure my credibility would be entirely central to what I'm saying. Since you can't reproduce a murder to investigate it.

You are free to have your own build. But it is not better. It may be better for your specific playstyle; but that says nothing to the context to the entire game.

Judah the Lion

07-04-2010

'Just lurking a bit, but here's a more optimal Trynd. set-up (the op's isn't bad either.):

Full page crit %+Gloves at start= almost %30 crit. chance, allowing for both high threat range and more reliable sustainability with Bloodlust when Trynd hurts the worst, out the gate.

21/9/0, 3 in the MR boost in Def. (his base MR is weaksauce.)

I.E., LW & Youmuu's are your high-end staples. All else is meta dependent.

Good luck.

DireMerlin

07-26-2010

dont know where else to post this, but did a patch somewhere change his first skill so it only increases crit damage and not crit chance?...in a recent game around lvl 12 with a last whisper, zeal (and maybe brawlers glove) with full 8 stacks on the first skill (level 5) i only saw 16% crit chance on him (no runes, half hp or less) - shouldnt it be higher crit chance?...