[Guide] Windamere. He still exists.(Brief)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pathen

05-26-2010

Anybody notice that the heal effect on his W has a 1.5 AP ratio? I'd never, EVER build an AP Trynd,
but I've been toying with the idea of throwing in one random blasting wand into the mix around level 10 or so, just because it takes his 50 hp/per stack and turns it into a 110 hp/per stack heal. So: from 450 to 880.

peyo

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathen View Post
Anybody notice that the heal effect on his W has a 1.5 AP ratio? I'd never, EVER build an AP Trynd,
but I've been toying with the idea of throwing in one random blasting wand into the mix around level 10 or so, just because it takes his 50 hp/per stack and turns it into a 110 hp/per stack heal. So: from 450 to 880.
been discussed a lot. AP ratio is added ONCE, not per every stack.
Don't do that

Morinav

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathen View Post
I always wonder where this misconception comes from. I've seen so many people post this theory, but it's just not how the skill works.

AP Trynd is a joke (moreso than normal Trynd). Some people have attempted it in the past when Spinning Slash was beastly good, but those days are long, long gone.

Kilt

05-26-2010

Has anyone else tried maxing Mocking shout first? It basically makes you immune to physical DPS for the first half of the game, and early game it will get most champs AD into the negatives.

Pathen

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinav View Post
I always wonder where this misconception comes from. I've seen so many people post this theory, but it's just not how the skill works.

AP Trynd is a joke (moreso than normal Trynd). Some people have attempted it in the past when Spinning Slash was beastly good, but those days are long, long gone.
Thanks for clearing that up, then. The misconception comes from the wording of the skill in-game:

"Tryndamere gains 50(+0) health per stack...." It's misleading. @_@

Wuzseen

05-26-2010

I haven't played very long, only level 15, but I've played Tryndamere about the most. It was infuriating at first to get to understand how the guy worked. So squishy early game--it's ragetastic! His ultimate, is quite fitting.

But the reason I was so frustrated was because of my general build. I see people arguing whether or not avarice blades are viable for tryn early game. Well that truly depends on your runes. If you're someone trying out Tryn on a free week or you're not even level 20 yet, you're at a large disadvantage with Tryn. He needs crit for BL to proc. I totally see why people say Avarice Blades aren't as important. When you're starting with 15% crit with T3 runes(correct me if I'm wrong) as opposed to 8% without them, that's a huge difference, especially early game--a crucial time for tryn as he is incredibly squishy.

Not having that extra crit advantage as Tryn I generally grab that Avarice Blade first--although if I'm laning against a sturdy early game hero (Many tanks fall in that category as well as some others) or I'm laning against a support/healer I go executioner (for the active, crit, and lifesteal). I find that gives me the bonus I need to be viable through mid game. Past mid game, Tryn is a boss--I don't think anyone would debate that. So for those under level 20 or just playing for fun, I highly suggest going Avarice or Executioner's blade. I don't think I've ever really lost as Tryn if I get to Infinity's Edge before the 25 minute mark.

My two cents.

CTHDRL

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilt View Post
Has anyone else tried maxing Mocking shout first? It basically makes you immune to physical DPS for the first half of the game, and early game it will get most champs AD into the negatives.
This is a very effective strategy if you have a solid team capable of pushing.

Otherwise being able to spin an entire creep wave to death is an invaluable pushing tool.

Umibozu

06-05-2010

Great guide, I used to think Tryn was just boring and lame. He gets pretty intense later on though, and you really have to know his limits.

Naphtal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-06-2010

vamp is so-so. as tryndamere you should be expecting to be able to farm w/o getting harassed. your soft and cant really dish damage. you need a stable amount of regen and hp at the very beginning to be able to survive till mid game(time where everybody is running around ganking) mid game is where you'll truly be able to farm. once the 1st towers are gone creeps start to stack up. when they stack up, you start farming. of course you have to be able to rely on your team to survive mid game one man short. once late rolls ing and you've farmed your most necessary items........is when you start killing.

tldr
tryndamere is both a gamble and an investment. if your lucky and the investment grows it pays out a lot. however if **** hits the fan, you and your team are royally screwed. since tryndamere can easily feed and if under farmed is capable of DOING NOTHING(but slow and make loud noises).

Ajax349

06-06-2010

You do not want lifesteal in lane. It means you have to get in close to autoattack, which you can't do as melee vs a decent lane. You'll want regen to get a crit/last hits and then get back out to bloodlust back up. Lifesteal also means you have to autoattack to regen, which is bad. If you're not last hitting, you're going to be at their tower, and with a serious disadvantage.

You also say Last Whisper isn't good? It's one of the biggest boosts to your DPS you can get, and you're building way too much crit chance with crit runes and Phantom Dancer. Of course the crit runes help earlygame, but the Phantom Dancer isnt really needed. You want around 55% crit chance as trynd, as you're optimal at low health, with your ulti up, and this will place you at 100% crit chance thanks to his passive, it's like building more than Last Whisper for aspd as Twitch. Otherwise I think it's a fairly good guide.