[Guide] Windamere. He still exists.(Brief)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-20-2010

Oneironaut,

We played earlier today. I dunno if you remember or not, but red pot Shaco decided to backstab you, I healed you back to full life (as Nidalee), I trapped the **** out of the place, and shyt happened, Shaco dies early...

ANYWAYS, I looked at your guide, and I agree with a lot of your build. What I would like to see is a kind of priority list for what you would desire in a lane partner, since part of rushing your Blood Lusts requires last-hitting minions, and I kinda felt bad for pushing too far on a few occasions. I would imagine laning with a great farmer/pusher would be a bad deal for Tryndamere, yet being constantly pushed back to the turret is also not ideal for your own farming. I believe you chose Trynd in response to Nidalee if I'm correct, so how much do you think Trynd's early game farming matters?

Personally I think it's exciting that there's some people like you that try to make advances on the less popular champions.


Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin View Post
Spirit Visage/Merc treads should be priority items when playing against magic heavy teams. Sorry to state the obvious, but I think most people on the forum would consider themselves "familiar with the game" yet so few will gear according to different team comps.
There's "familiar with the game" as in you know what champions can do in general and what items exist. Then there's "familiar with the game" as in you can predict the outcome of battles and recognize the value of certain assets. It took me quite a while before I started using elixirs and wards out of habit rather than "oh it's a waste of gold".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peyo

Senior Member

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
Getting spinning slash first is IMO pretty stupid. With W you get a slow and a damage debuff. Spinning Slash gives you what; ~70 damage? Pfffft. 140 if you happen to hit both enemies in your lane. Which means you have to spin past both of them(Since in order to apply damage your origin has to pass through their origins), which means you have to waste time running back towards them to begin auto attacking. This whole time they've been wailing on your teammate. This is time you could have been autoattacking; time you could have been critting them to death.

W means you can take more hits from your enemies in those level 1 fights. Whether 2V2 or 5V5 jungle buff fight. It means that if the enemies decide to run and you and your lane partner are slow; well you can BOTH still catch up and kill them. It means that if your partner is focused and runs back to tower; you can slow his pursuers and run back yourself; both of you surviving.

Getting Spinning slash first is ******ed. Don't do it.
as said before, SS is for mobility. Sure, MS will come out better for a gank, but if you're the one to get ganked, SS will just do MUCH better.
You know that if you want to save your lane mate by slowing your opponents when he escapes, you have to be BEHIND them? Means, that they will focus you from now on (unless they didn't focus you yet, as you're uber squishy early game) so you're going to save your friend and die yourself or eventually escape with a LOT of luck
The cooldown on MS is 14s... I'd rather have SS first so I can get quickly to my lane and set/defend myself from a gank

Also, why the hell would you EVER max SS over MS? o_O

Quote:
I've played around with a lot of item builds; and have settled on what I like best. At lower Elo's it is satisfactory to build tihngs like last whisper, 2-3 avarice blades etc. But you eventually NEED to get 8 stacks ASAP in EVERY fight. You need huge amounts of crit, some lifesteal and a little attack speed.
no you don't. You have GRANTED 6s to get these stacks. Vamp scepter as a first item is a fail.

Quote:
Be conservative. It is not your job to initiate; you are a squishy HARD CARRY. Go for the squishy nukers or mass CCers.
why not? If there is no tank around/at all, you're the best person to initiate. As said before, you have granted 6s of life, you go in, if they focus you, you go quickly Cleanse -> Ulti, it confuses people. Some will stop focusing you and start to attack everyone around instead of focusing 1 person and others will keep wasting their skills/attacks on you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTHDRL

Senior Member

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajitii View Post
Oneironaut,

We played earlier today. I dunno if you remember or not, but red pot Shaco decided to backstab you, I healed you back to full life (as Nidalee), I trapped the **** out of the place, and shyt happened, Shaco dies early...

ANYWAYS, I looked at your guide, and I agree with a lot of your build. What I would like to see is a kind of priority list for what you would desire in a lane partner, since part of rushing your Blood Lusts requires last-hitting minions, and I kinda felt bad for pushing too far on a few occasions. I would imagine laning with a great farmer/pusher would be a bad deal for Tryndamere, yet being constantly pushed back to the turret is also not ideal for your own farming. I believe you chose Trynd in response to Nidalee if I'm correct, so how much do you think Trynd's early game farming matters?

Personally I think it's exciting that there's some people like you that try to make advances on the less popular champions.




There's "familiar with the game" as in you know what champions can do in general and what items exist. Then there's "familiar with the game" as in you can predict the outcome of battles and recognize the value of certain assets. It took me quite a while before I started using elixirs and wards out of habit rather than "oh it's a waste of gold".

Early game farming isn't as important as lane control; and soaking up exp. Because eventually you can 1-shot all but cannon/super minions and can push your lane by yourself with absolutely no fear of dying.

I'm normally not too picky about my lane partner; just as long as they can assist me in not losing a tower.

Nidalee is actually an awesome lane partner for just about anyone.






Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
as said before, SS is for mobility. Sure, MS will come out better for a gank, but if you're the one to get ganked, SS will just do MUCH better.
You know that if you want to save your lane mate by slowing your opponents when he escapes, you have to be BEHIND them? Means, that they will focus you from now on (unless they didn't focus you yet, as you're uber squishy early game) so you're going to save your friend and die yourself or eventually escape with a LOT of luck
The cooldown on MS is 14s... I'd rather have SS first so I can get quickly to my lane and set/defend myself from a gank

Also, why the hell would you EVER max SS over MS? o_O


no you don't. You have GRANTED 6s to get these stacks. Vamp scepter as a first item is a fail.


why not? If there is no tank around/at all, you're the best person to initiate. As said before, you have granted 6s of life, you go in, if they focus you, you go quickly Cleanse -> Ulti, it confuses people. Some will stop focusing you and start to attack everyone around instead of focusing 1 person and others will keep wasting their skills/attacks on you.
You can't really get ganked at level 1. And if you do it's entirely your fault and SS probably wouldn't help you anyways.

If it's just 2 people you can run away.

If it's more than 2 people you likely can't run or SS away; especially if you put yourself into a position that allowed you to get ganked in the first place.


I max SS to clear minion waves; since I push towers in between team fights. It's slightly faster then individually 1-shotting them, but the increase in speed counts. Your preference is your own.

Not sure what you were saying about "Granted 6s to get these stacks." If you are referring to his Ult; then you're doing something wrong if you have to waste it every teamfight just to get Q stacks.

Vamp scepter is a fine first item. It allows you to jungle from an earlier level then normal. Which allows you to farm between creep waves or team clashes. It's especially useful in a lane where you have to auto-attack minions anyways to get crits to get Q up. Bonus healing is certainly not bad.


I don't play games where the tank isn't present. And I certainly don't play games where my team tries to teamfight when our tank is going B or returning from going B or for some reason is not with the team.




Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin View Post
Spirit Visage/Merc treads should be priority items when playing against magic heavy teams. Sorry to state the obvious, but I think most people on the forum would consider themselves "familiar with the game" yet so few will gear according to different team comps.
Pretty sure that's obvious.

However a magic heavy team doesn't pose a large threat to a Tryndamere with cleanse. Especially since they're all so squishy.

Unfortunately the concept of good team composition has largely put an end to magic/melee/dps heavy teams. People have seem to figure out how to balance their composition.



Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAubrey View Post
It takes 25 minutes for Avarice Blade to pay for itself, so while I guess it technically pays for itself 'in a matter of minutes' it's not a good investment if the game won't last long. Against any team with good pushing ability, you're going to want something that lets you help out in midgame, and buying an Avarice blade is a bad idea. But if you're pretty sure it'll be a long one, I'd grab one fast and make it a Youmuu's after I'm done with IE / LW / etc.
It is a good investment for Tryndamere. And by the time you need to upgrade it it's already paid for itself.

Crit DOES benefit Tryndamere. It takes maybe until the 5-minute mark to be able to afford one. And that's if you're terribad at last hitting creeps.

Pretty sure 30 minutes is a shorter then average game on SR.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morinav

Senior Member

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
why not? If there is no tank around/at all, you're the best person to initiate. As said before, you have granted 6s of life, you go in, if they focus you, you go quickly Cleanse -> Ulti, it confuses people. Some will stop focusing you and start to attack everyone around instead of focusing 1 person and others will keep wasting their skills/attacks on you.
If there's not tank on the team, you should not be playing Tryndamere to begin with. Tryndamere's terrible at initiating, to be perfectly honest. His auto attack is one of the best in the game, it is much better spent hitting people than sitting there stunned like an idiot. That's like telling Fiddle to initiate because he has Zonya's and drain life, or Yi because he can meditate.

If, for some reason, we don't have a tank for the fight, I make a point to show up fashionably late. Sure, my team gets the **** beaten out of them in the meantime, but when the cavalry comes spinning in and is critting *****es for 700 damage, the fight is over. While it's tempting to suicide with Trnydamere, you have to do it at the right time. You have to make sure that you maximize your effectiveness, which means you have to wait for the enemy team to blow as much of their burst/cc as possible before jumping in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diru

Junior Member

05-21-2010

I prefer magic resist and and armor pen on trynd. Armor Pen makes a colossal difference in how hard trynd crits, not to mention crit chance runes become practically worthless past mid game. Trynd requires superior judgement for just about everything; starting item, build, picking a lane, when to jungle, when to farm, when to fight, when to ult, and exact knowledge of how fast you can burst someone down given the nature of his risk/reward. Once he gets rolling though he really does show you why he's the barbarian king.

Don't start giving people tips about tryndy though, I don't want people picking him =3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minerthreat

Senior Member

05-21-2010

A team built for tryndamere would be a waste since a master yi could occupy trynd's space and do much better.

btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
Annie won't be doing too much "raining down" at level 1. Neither will Ryze or Fiddle.

annie w/ 40 ap from runes will rock your socks off, and fiddle w/ exhaust+drain = dead trynd


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTHDRL

Senior Member

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerthreat View Post
A team built for tryndamere would be a waste since a master yi could occupy trynd's space and do much better.

btw.




annie w/ 40 ap from runes will rock your socks off, and fiddle w/ exhaust+drain = dead trynd
I suppose that's true, above level 3.

Fiddle with exhaust does not effect my trynd with cleanse. Not to mention I can just run past his drain, and sammich him between myself and my lanemate. Ignite + a couple auto attacks. And if I crit at least twice it's a warranted kill.

And I agree about Yi. I however find Trynd to be more fun. ^^



Quote:
Originally Posted by Diru View Post
I prefer magic resist and and armor pen on trynd. Armor Pen makes a colossal difference in how hard trynd crits, not to mention crit chance runes become practically worthless past mid game. Trynd requires superior judgement for just about everything; starting item, build, picking a lane, when to jungle, when to farm, when to fight, when to ult, and exact knowledge of how fast you can burst someone down given the nature of his risk/reward. Once he gets rolling though he really does show you why he's the barbarian king.

Don't start giving people tips about tryndy though, I don't want people picking him =3

I like Arpen as well. I've been trying out +10% crit and ~4 Arpen instead of the other way around.

More Arpen made early-game a breeze; however this added crit chance makes mid-game go a lot smoother IMO.

I'll have to try out MR instead of CDR. See how that treats me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTHDRL

Senior Member

05-23-2010

Added a different item list for those who don't like to take vamp scepter first thing, or get an avarice blade.

Also added a few notes/hints I had forgotten.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiIlerbee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

05-23-2010

trynDaGOD, nuff said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThreeLittleBirds

Senior Member

05-26-2010

OK, listen up people, for i will drop some knowledge on you.

Masteries: 21/9/0
Runes: Armor penetration, dodge, CD reduction per lvl
Summoner spells: Ignite, cleanse

Items: avarice, avarice, berserker, zeal, zeal, bf sword.

From there, buy better items. But those should be enough to get you 4-5 kills. I'd suggest IE, Ghostblade, Phantom, Guardian angel, Last whisper. If you dont think i know how to play trynd, check my account