I Can't Make Ezreal Hurt : (

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FolksymAndrew

01-30-2011

Title says it all. In any game where I don't get fed, Poor Ezreal just doesn't seem to do damage late game.

I've been running mana regen per level seals and quints as well as flat MP5 glyphs with ArPen marks. Masteries are 11/0/19 with focus on CDR.

I've been starting off with a Doran's Blade or Long sword to be built into a Brutalizer. I've been using the CDR boots so that I can have my ult up quickly to farm minions and push towers at every opportunity. From there I focus on building AP (usually Lich Bane or Rylai's and eventually the deathcap) so that my other abilities actually do something resembling damage... but once I hit mid/late game my damage just completely falls off. Is starting with a little AD really hurting me that much? It's not as though I'm getting a huge item like a BF sword or one of its parent items.

Any advice on how to alter my setup would be appreciated, because I always thought hybridizing Ezreal was the ideal way to play him, but I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Andrew

Mambazo

01-30-2011

AD ez falls off late game most definitely. AP ez is the way to go if you want late game domination, but AP ez sucks during early game and isn't great midgame either, with the high-ish mana costs and cooldowns on his main damage dealing skills as AP, his W and E.

I prefer AD ez, he's really fun to play, but his late game damage is certainly outshined by other ranged carries.

edit: Huh... obviously didn't read your post well enough, i missed that you don't play with hardly any AD at all. Well in that case, at the very least definitely don't get a brutalizer, maybe a rageblade if you feel like putting your Q and autoattacks into your combos, but most ezraels i've seen just either go AP or AD

Doriantv

01-30-2011

He doesn't "hurt", they're nothing really you can do. AD Ezreal is a superb poker, but there's a reason he's a "poker", not a "mauler".

Parkburner

01-30-2011

AD Ez is a beast throughout the entire game.

I run 9/0/21 picking up the magic pen mastery.
Armor Pen Marks, Mana Per Level Seals, Cooldown Glyphs, and Movement Quints.

I start off with a Meki and Health pots, build a Tear and get booties.
Next I get a Brutalizer and my upgraded booties.
Finish Manamune and get a Vamp Scepter and hopefully a BF Sword.

My final build is usually:
Manamune
Boots of Mobility
Bloodthirster
Youmou's
Black Cleaver
Then either another Bloodthirster or a survivability item.

Usually end up having around 400 AD and you become a major harasser. Once your team initiates you run in and spam your q and w and then use your e to catch up to runners or to get away. Save your ult for runners or if their all squished together and they have all taken damage.

ReaperFan

01-30-2011

If you go hybrid AP/AD by building both stats simultaneously I've found that your damage stays pretty consistant. I start with manamune or archangel depending on what resistance I think the enemy will try to stack in order to deal with pretty much all mana issues (combined with the mana regen/5 per level seals), following that with a sheen and then rageblade. I then start building into a hextech gunblade. If the game goes on for a really long time I get a defensive item and then upgrade sheen into triforce. Hybrid doesn't get the early/late dominance of AD/AP, respectively, but I find I do pretty good damage all game.

ReadInPeace

01-30-2011

Where's your Sheen guys?

Am I missing something and it sucks now?

I pretty much get it all the time AD or AP (Tri for AD, Lich for AP).

One thing you could try on AD EZ is Wriggle's. That thing is amazing. Let's you solo buffs, gives fast lifesteal on Q, and helps your terrible farming and pushing speed.

Try having red all the time for some ranged slowing pwnage. ^^

Mambazo

01-30-2011

AD ez farms fine, I basically never miss a last hit when I play him because of his Q. And because his farm is based on last hitting, not aoe damage to multiple creeps to take them out, he doesn't push a lane unnecessarily during the laning phase.

Lawrry

01-31-2011

well ezreal can hurt even if he isnt hurting much. if theres a runner with low hp, pop clairvoyance and pop him in the face with an ult as he is teleporting to base.

though most people wouldnt suggest using clairvoyance, its pretty gnarly during end game when there are huge battles since killing him will make him wait around 40sec to a minute to spawn instead of taking about less than 25 sec to go to base to heal and run back.

depends how you want to hurt with the character, i guess.

Tokinatoor

01-31-2011

I go 9/0/21 and go Mostly AP with a nashoors tooth and/or rageblade.

Ive gotten a double kill every single game with EZ. (W+R are great for doubles) and E is the best Killstealing move in the game.

W,E,R are 10 times better than auto attacking and Q

OutlawStarx2

01-31-2011

I go a hybrid build, and it works well for me. however mine masteries and runes are a bit more attack focused.

masteries are 21/0/9

for runes, i have apen marks, mana/lvl seals, CDR/lvl glyphs, and AD quint.

As for my build... I'll edit and put a link so you can try it out. Get manamune, it's a great item to have especially for Ez.

Edit: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=475382

hope it helps.