1v2 strategy discussion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LairyRover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

When you have a jungler on your team, it's not uncommon to see a lane where it's 2v1 during the entire laning phase.

In this topic, I'd like to start a commuity discussion about characters that are good to 2v1 with, because the better mid lane soloers are not always the best choice against two people.

Igby

05-20-2010

It's more mindset than a character but ranged are able to last hit more effectively in 1v2. I like Fiddlesticks, personally. I've also seen melee like Mord do fine. You just need to play more defensively and use your tower for support.

LairyRover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

Another thing to remember is that you will outlevel the others in your lane if you are the 1v2, and if you are a good harrassing character like Janna or Zilean you can push them back or get a kill early on.

Seltenspieler

05-20-2010

Anyone who doesnt need to refill much and has some sort of either escape, slow or stun is good. If the champ scales good with level, even better.
And of course, you shouldnt be too greedy. You most likely wont get kills and not as much gold, but the level advantage should make up for that a bit.

I like laning 2on1 with annie. Q for last hitting and run back right afterwards. An occasional stun at the enemy to keep them on their feet and W for some extra money if there are some low minions around. The moment you hit lvl 6, you push them back and should at least have one of them porting back to base to heal.

Whom

05-20-2010

I find that with Cho'Gath I actually do better 2v1 than 2v2. He's great at harassing, hard to kill, and when you hit level 6 when they're still 4, they'll make tasty snacks. With 2v2 or even 1v1, you don't get the same level advantage that lets you start snowballing.

zippyman

05-20-2010

I love 1v2ing as Pantheon. Spear throw for last hits on minions, hang out by my turret, and when the jungler finishes his first round, gank for at least one kill, many times both. Level 6 at this point, port so jungler gets solo lane for a couple waves, ult in any other lane for another kill or two, run back to my lane and solo again with 3-4+ levels on the other dudes.

YoonieDaCutie

05-20-2010

You need range. Maintaining range is the most important in a 1v2 lane to ensure you don't get completely zoned out and denied of minion kills / EXP.

Sustainability is another constraint - some champs have the range but are unable to sustain themselves in the lane long enough without dying.

Last one boils down to gameplay. Not everyone's patient enough/good with last hits to handle 1v2 lanes.

zippyman

05-20-2010

Good point on sustainability. The +15/5 health regen pendant i find works wonders. If you take a couple hits from enemy champs, chill for a minute or two and you're good to go again.

Hyfe

05-20-2010

I win games with 1v2 Nasus. Easily controls the lane wih spirit fire, abilities scale extremely well, allows team to Baron right when it spawns with level 11 ult and aegis. A farmed and leveled Nasus in competent hands can be devestating.

LadyEve

Recruiter

05-20-2010

I play it extremely safe when I find myself in that situation. (I love it though, because it makes me feel superior 8D)
Using Kat I dance near my turret, harass them, get the turret to start focusing on one of them, shunpo in, DEATH LOTUS, and throw a blade at the other champion that tries to escape.