Items lack for ryze build possibility...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

luukkaah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2011

Quote:
What are some good items for ryze.

Tear of the goddess
Archangels
Catalyst
Rod of ages.
Banshees
Glacial shroud
Frozen heart.
Lich bane(arguable)
You listed all the items I talking about... Nothing more...

Quote:
MANAMUNE!! Not enough mana? Get MANAMUNE!!
Manamune stack with Arch Angel Staff ?????? I dont think so..

TheMarkMark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2011

Standard Ryze Build:
Tear of the Goddess (at the very, very end, build AA staff)
Sorc Boots (or merc treads)
frozen heart
banshee's veil
Will of the ancients (since he's tanky, the spell vamp keeps him alive for a long time)
Void staff
then blue and red elixirs

They build little MR:
instead of void staff get:
haunting guise (i've never got this though),
rod of ages (adds a ton of damage and health, but slow buildup),
or abyssal scepter (this is probably best, especially if they have a lot of magic damage dealing potential).

I can't really conceive of using ANY other items except:
thornmail, quicksilver sash, maybe ninja tabai if the are all 5 right clicking ad carries, or maybe some other defensive item... but not really.

It would be nice if there were more mana heavy items, so ryze could build other items.

Dumb items: Lich bane (He doesn't get much AP, plus he doesnt have time to auto attck), Deathcap

Rylai's is okay... but not really.

Happy Cacti

09-01-2011

I dont see why everyone is choosing AP items. His AP ratios are horrible compared to mana. Why stack an assload of AP and not have enough mana to constantly cast stuff when you can get over 5k mana and deal just as much if not more damage, as well as being able to cast more spells.

TheMarkMark

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cacti View Post
I dont see why everyone is choosing AP items. His AP ratios are horrible compared to mana. Why stack an assload of AP and not have enough mana to constantly cast stuff when you can get over 5k mana and deal just as much if not more damage, as well as being able to cast more spells.
Who is suggesting AP items? Sure you have to pick up some AP along the way to get things like spell vamp, cdr, magic pen, and often mana, but its definately not the focus. But his AP ratios are ok, not great, but ok, and E scales only off mana unfortunately. I wish they would change that.

Eddiot

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by luukkaah View Post
AP Ryze are just very bad... not viable...

Off tank ryze I dont know where you learn to play....

I said it, the only one build viable is MANA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
indeed, you get tanky items with MANA like banshee's veil and frozen heart but nothing else without MANA.

So its why I said lack of mana items!
You complain about fail when you yourself fail because Off-tank is better then your Mana build.
RoA/FH/BV/(Abyssal/Zhonya's)/AA/Sorc

TheMarkMark

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiot View Post
You complain about fail when you yourself fail because Off-tank is better then your Mana build.
RoA/FH/BV/(Abyssal/Zhonya's)/AA/Sorc
Basically same build, but zhonya's is a bad item choice. Thornmail or Wota would give you more damage and/or sustain.