TT Zilean + Jax + Sion: help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vize

05-20-2010

Played a game last night against Zilean, Jax, and Sion. Our team had Nidalee (me), Yi, and Akali.

The Zilean was good, Sion was smart enough not to die, and Jax was decent. We couldn't kill these guys and ended up surrendering as soon as it was available. I had 1 kill and 0 deaths in 20 minutes (first blood, after which we couldn't touch these guys).

Now before you get your flamethrowers on, yes I know our team sucked in composition. That doesn't change the fact that this is one hell of a team. Jax went carry/dps, Sion went tank, and Zilean well, was Zilean.

Here are my observations on the match: Whenever we would press these guys Zilean could bomb us, slow us while Jax and Sion could stun and melee us down. Sion had too much HP to deal with and Jax could dodge all our attacks while tearing us apart. In pursuit, you have Sion's stun, Zilean's haste + slow, and Jax's leap + stun. Zilean could just stay at range thanks to his time bombs insane range and was well protected by both of his melee. If we managed to break their little trio and finally do enough damage to kill someone, Zilean could resurrect (which he did several times).

It seriously was a crazy combo. So I guess my question is: how does one go about beating this?

The only thing I will bring up with regards to OPness is that in a 3v3 map, Zilean's ultimate becomes VERY powerful. when you only have 3 guys fighting 3 guys, the ability to resurrect a fallen team mate becomes amplified in effectiveness. It basically allows you to have a 4v3 situation and gives your team a huge advantage. Zilean's ulti is good in 5v5, but in 3v3 it's pretty godly.

Joebags

05-20-2010

Ok first off, your team had 0 CCs. Like, none at all. No stun, taunt, silence, knockup. You didn't even have a slow other than Akali's shroud which doesn't really count.

So, the best counter for Zilean is lots of silence/stun so you can focus him immediately and not give him any chance to use his ulti.

As for jax, SoTD is a good counter for his dodging since your team had a lot of physical dps. Jax is also fairly weak to high magic burst.

If sion went straight up tank, without any AP, then he shouldnt be much of a threat damage-wise, and other than his stun you can pretty much ignore him while you beat down zilean and jax.

So basically, TT is all about team composition. Your team had absolutely no CCs, which was pretty silly of you guys to pick your team that way. In my opinion your team would benefit more from someone like Annie, who can stun and do burst magic damage. This would have helped you take down Zilean and Jax a lot easier.

Eppa

05-20-2010

^ pretty much

Vize

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebags View Post
Ok first off, your team had 0 CCs. Like, none at all. No stun, taunt, silence, knockup. You didn't even have a slow other than Akali's shroud which doesn't really count.

So, the best counter for Zilean is lots of silence/stun so you can focus him immediately and not give him any chance to use his ulti.

As for jax, SoTD is a good counter for his dodging since your team had a lot of physical dps. Jax is also fairly weak to high magic burst.

If sion went straight up tank, without any AP, then he shouldnt be much of a threat damage-wise, and other than his stun you can pretty much ignore him while you beat down zilean and jax.

So basically, TT is all about team composition. Your team had absolutely no CCs, which was pretty silly of you guys to pick your team that way. In my opinion your team would benefit more from someone like Annie, who can stun and do burst magic damage. This would have helped you take down Zilean and Jax a lot easier.
Thanks for the tips. It was just a random PUG I was in and not a premade. I knew going in we were weak but I didn't think we would be going against an allstar champ combo.

Urziel De Mortin

05-20-2010

Deathfire grasp (great anti-tank weapon and anti-jax too).
Lizard buff
frozen heart (to supress canibalism and jax)