Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EcoEco

Recruiter

05-20-2010

I read a few Shen guides

A lot either recommend leviathan or warmog and then some other armor/MR items

Well as a new Shen player, getting stacks on Leviathan is sorta hard since I'm not so used to him yet. Warmog is fine except he doesn't really kill minions that fast to stack it up fast like Mordekaiser or something.

But what I don't get is, how come when I see other people player Shen, they can kill pretty fast and tank pretty hard. I can do the tank pretty hard part but not the killing part. Like my Shen does really crappy damage even to an Ashe. She had no life steal or Magic resist or Armor items when that was happening. End game she had a Negatron Cloak but that is beside the point since at that point I was busy defending.

My Shen had like Warmog, Spirit Visage, Mercury's Treads, Chain Vest, and by that time 2/3 inhibs was down. I was doing really bad damage so I brought red potion, green potion and blue potion (for CDR). And like 1 afk, 2 way dead, so it was me and some other guy defending.

Oh, my gameplay is still pretty rough. Not really good at Shen yet as well. That might be the cause? I dunno

Any recommendations?

Vize

05-20-2010

Just a guess: Warmog is expensive. As Shen even if you aren't killing you should be getting lots of gold from assists: were you?

Your main skill is that rush taunt thing. That skill can ruin people's days and net you lots of assists.

gun fu panda

05-20-2010

Warmog's really isn't that good on Shen. He doesn't farm up enough minions for it.

My typical end build is Aegis/Omen/GA/Atma's/Leviathan/tabi or treads

Grandpappy

05-20-2010

I do not like warmogs on shen. I usually start with ruby crystal, since vorpal blade is enough to keep me in the lane unless I'm against 2 ranged, then it's a doran's shield. After that it's merc treads (99.99% of the time), then it's aegis (typically), phage, and then other goodies.

Fruz

05-20-2010

I tryed a build a little different recently and that workd well =) :

1) cleanse/clairvoyance ( I love clairvoyance ;D ) + smite !
Yeah I went jungle since lvl 1 with the dagger.
2)
- ( Amplifying Tome )
- ( Basic boots )
- ( Giant's belt )
- Rylai's Scepter
- Mercury Threads
- Aegis of the legion
- Randuim's omen

The little AP boost makes you a very good jungler, gives more shield with your self one and the ultimate, and makes the dagguer deal a little more damages. The slow is very nice with the dagguer =).
And it gives you HP ( 500 Rylai + 270 Aegis + 300 Randuim's Omen = 1070 HP, this is nice ), Support with the Aegis, physique and magic resistance for the Omen.

Try it, you'll see

Bluff

05-20-2010

For Shen you need to be able to survive long enough for your team to overpower the enemy.

Starting with ruby crystal is good, build that into phage, levi, or heart of gold.

Reasons you don't want warmogs:

1. Too expensive
2. Insufficient gain for cost
3. Much better items available

Look at the enemy team, lots of magic dmg? Then you get Force of Nature. Lots of AD? Get sunfire capes.

The importance of being a threat:

If the enemy ignores you and kills your team, you fail. You have to initiate with dash, and quarterback ur team to victory. Call the shots, focus him, don't greed chase etc. Map pings are your friend. Communication is key.

Summoner spells, cleanse and ghost.

Runes, Armor pen marks, dodge seals, -cd glyphs, and flat hp quints.

Typical items I'll have by the end of the game:

-Ninja Tabi/Merc treads
-Phage/Frozen Mallet
-Force of Nature
-Sunfire Cape

And if it's late game and you still need items....

-Atmas Impaler
-Randuin's
-more sunfire capes!

EchoRex

05-20-2010

This has been my best all around build for Shen. Gives solid team support and can survive just about anything while dealing relevant damage.

Try:
Aegis
Ninja or Merc's
Heart of Gold
Sheen
Phage
Force of Nature
Trinity Force
Randuin's

Runes: Movement Quints ArPen Marks, Dodge or MR/Level Seals, and MR/Level Glyphs

Have rarely progressed past TriForce.

Generally face well rounded teams so load up on both MR and Armor, if the team leans one way or the other can stack towards that more by your boots choice and by taking a Thornmail instead of Force of Nature or taking a Banshee's Veil instead of the Randuin's.

If the game goes really long I'll usually end up going for a Youmu's or Last Whisper to end the game with a solid tower push.

EcoEco

Recruiter

05-20-2010

Yeah Aegis is good enough and along with HoG. The health bonus is sufficient with the armor and magic resist that I needed

I was against Shaco, Amumu, Cho, Akali, and Karthus
I went Aegis, Mercury, HoG, Force of Nature, Rylai for some health and additional shield + damage, and red potion for more health

Maybe I should switch Rylai but I find that Akali, Shaco are just running away too good. Need a method of stopping them. My early game was nice, but late game I was doing minimal damage. Though my tanking ability is really nice. But I am wondering, is there a way to cast my Ulti on someone and then stop it? Like I just want to shield them but not teleport there. I had an Ashe that often goes 1 vs 1 and always (would've died) live because of my shield and soraka's global heal.