[Item Concept] Legacy's Doom Mask (Haunting Guise upgrade)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2011

Recipe
*Haunting Guise
*Blasting Wand
*250 Gold
Total: 2595

Effects
+250 Health
+70 Ability Power
Passive: UNIQUE +20 magic penetration
Active: UNIQUE Gives 8% movement speed and increases Ability power by 12% for 4 seconds. 60 second cooldown

Changelog
9/2/11: Active UNIQUE movement speed reduced to 8% from 10%.
Active UNIQUE Ability Power boost decreased to 12% from 15%
Active Cooldown increased to 60 seconds from 45 seconds

9/1/11: Decreased Price to 2595 from 2795.
Increased health gain to 250 from 220
Active UNIQUE movement speed reduced to 10% and Ability Power boost decreased to 15%.

The extra movement speed boost is because I read a post somewhere in which a player wanted some kind of MS item for mages. The only one being Lich Bane and that item is generally only useful for Hybrids like Sion, Skarner etc

Casc0

08-31-2011

too much AP %boost
what about 40 AP for x secs

VanguardGeneralZ

08-31-2011

40 AP is minuscule. As mages have no critical, I find this to be brilliant.

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2011

Ok I nerfed it to 20% extra ability power and increased price by 50 gold.

JustMyBassCannon

08-31-2011

Pretty cool, except if you scale it with Rabadon's Cap, that's +50% AP based on your AP for 4 seconds (more than enough time to fire off one combo and maybe an extra skill if you've got one at low CD). 1 bonus AP for every 2 you have is pretty huge self-scaling after you've got merely 200 AP. Still a cool concept.

3mptylord

08-31-2011

A variation of this item would be cool.

VoidBro

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Pretty cool, except if you scale it with Rabadon's Cap, that's +50% AP based on your AP for 4 seconds (more than enough time to fire off one combo and maybe an extra skill if you've got one at low CD). 1 bonus AP for every 2 you have is pretty huge self-scaling after you've got merely 200 AP. Still a cool concept.
It doesnt stack additively. it stacks multiplicatively.
e.g
Trundle with Merc Treads and rank 5 contaminate doesn't give trundle 70% cc reduction. it gives him close to about 50%.

If you use this items Active and Rabadon's passive it'll only grant you about 40% or so

I'm not a maths genius so I'm not exactly sure.

ArchDukeCran

08-31-2011

if a percent ap boost active on it it'd need a long cd

but a fixed MS buff would work better than a percent, casters that have ms items(besides boots) and the really slow ones would benifit more

JustMyBassCannon

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyOFtheVoid View Post
It doesnt stack additively. it stacks multiplicatively.
e.g
Trundle with Merc Treads and rank 5 contaminate doesn't give trundle 70% cc reduction. it gives him close to about 50%.

If you use this items Active and Rabadon's passive it'll only grant you about 40% or so

I'm not a maths genius so I'm not exactly sure.
With the Tenacity example, it'd be ~58%, and the same goes for Irelia, ~61% on her. I misread the way it was worded and thought something else, but...wait, wouldn't stacking multiplicatively be worse in this situation since it's going over 100% instead of below? 130%*20%=156% AP boosting. I think if the item existed it would probably stack additively in that case.

VoidBro

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
With the Tenacity example, it'd be ~58%, and the same goes for Irelia, ~61% on her. I misread the way it was worded and thought something else, but...wait, wouldn't stacking multiplicatively be worse in this situation since it's going over 100% instead of below? 130%*20%=156% AP boosting. I think if the item existed it would probably stack additively in that case.
well i'm not sure what the correct term is but it will not give the user 50% boost with Rabadons