Twisted Fate: Why Attack Speed Stacking Is Bad and What Is Better

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellpyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

You know, the reason for a lot of the AS stacking dates back to when stacked deck affected towers, meaning that an AS build could push quickly through a lane. Ever since the bugfix, it Has become significantly less useful.

zoau

05-20-2010

holy moly i will get bad dreams from so many numbers! quick! hit my brain with one of those waddayacallit?

impressive work

Remiko Elliot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brees View Post
farming/pushing faster on a backdoor champ isn't useful? news to me. 1k gold isnt a lot, you can get it from sidelane TF as well.
Because TF needs Razors to farm well? That sounds wrong.

Remiko Elliot

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirReverie View Post
Just wanted to point out that the way to round down in Excel is

So if you did =floor(3.3, 1), it would round down to the nearest integer, giving you 3.

To round up, replace floor with ceiling.

Anyway, I really liked your in depth calculations of everything and appreciate the time you spent doing all of it.
Thank you very much for this information. All data will be fixed reflecting this.

Queue

05-20-2010

Anyone else think this is pretty obviously a 'No Duh' post?

YoonieDaCutie

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queue View Post
Anyone else think this is pretty obviously a 'No Duh' post?
no u

Honestly, no it isn't.

Theorycrafter

05-20-2010

To OP - While you're at comparing SotD and Last Whisper, you could possibly think of the viability of a mass armor-reduction build.
That would comprise of Boots of your liking, Yoummu's ghostblade, SotD, Last Whisper, Stark's Fervor and Black Cleaver
That would sum up for 20 + 20 for 5 sec + 40% + 20 + 12(up to 60) per hit armor reduction = which would make a minimum of 40% armor reduced + 52 on first hit, while a maximum of 100 armor reduced with 40%.
Percentage reduction is applied first before flat numbers, hopefully?
If this is so, it could possibly be quite a viable build. It would give him everything he needs - lots of IAS, MS, lifesteal, damage and due to Avarice - farm friendly. I don't see anything wrong about it, maybe except for lack of hp boost, but he often doesn't get that anyways these days.

In that case, also compare Black Cleaver vs Infinite Edge. With almost 2 attacks per second, they should be comparable.

I'd like to hear your opinion on it I'll be checking up on this thread more than often, as I'm currently practicing TF to a great extent

NOPmike

05-20-2010

what masteries are you using?

YoonieDaCutie

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheSpoon View Post
To OP - While you're at comparing SotD and Last Whisper, you could possibly think of the viability of a mass armor-reduction build.
That would comprise of Boots of your liking, Yoummu's ghostblade, SotD, Last Whisper, Stark's Fervor and Black Cleaver
That would sum up for 20 + 20 for 5 sec + 40% + 20 + 12(up to 60) per hit armor reduction = which would make a minimum of 40% armor reduced + 52 on first hit, while a maximum of 100 armor reduced with 40%.
If this is so, it could possibly be quite a viable build. It would give him everything he needs - lots of IAS, MS, lifesteal, damage and due to Avarice - farm friendly. I don't see anything wrong about it, maybe except for lack of hp boost, but he often doesn't get that anyways these days.

In that case, also compare Black Cleaver vs Infinite Edge. With almost 2 attacks per second, they should be comparable.

I'd like to hear your opinion on it I'll be checking up on this thread more than often, as I'm currently practicing TF to a great extent
Armour reduction doesn't stack well with Last Whisper.

Remiko Elliot

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheSpoon View Post

See, the problem is, I have no idea how Armor/Armor Reduction/Armor Penetration works. This is why I have not yet fully compared SotD with Last Whisper. I can roughly add in the additional damage from SotD but I do not know how to calculate the armor penetration from either. If someone would direct me to some guides on how this mechanic works, I will definitely add it into the equation. The same goes with Black Cleaver, unfortunately so I have no idea how to compare Black Cleaver and Infinity Edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOPmike View Post
what masteries are you using?
In the Preliminary Notes, it is mentioned what masteries I am using.
I am following a 23/0/7 build that includes Deadliness, Alacrity, Sunder, Brute Force, Lethality, and Havoc.

1234567 ... 11