Akali question regarding passive and runes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xoV

08-30-2011

How required is it that she have both passives active at the start of the game? 90% of the time, based off of my own experiences, even in ranked, even if the enemy akali is fed off of my team, if she has both passives active early game (specifically the one that requires AD), she will do bad in comparison to myself and my own akali playstyle.

Is it just because every akali i've seen thus far to use this playstyle is bad?

I run Mpen Reds, Armour Yellows, CDR Blues and HP Quints. I start with boots and 3x Pots and rush a Revolver and sheen. Would I really be so much more lolroflstomp if I had my AD passive active at the start? I feel like my Magic pen is more effective early game than having my AD passive active.

DMPuffy

08-30-2011

It's very required if you want to start with boots, which you always should. You should also try to get HP/L yellows and a bit more AP. AP per level would likely be a good choice for you if you don't care too much about passives early game. But I'd get the AD passive, because it is not "amazing", but it is strong early game.

Try it, I used to be one of the people that didn't go for the AD passive. Then I tried it out (somewhere around level ~20 on my first account) by getting a Doran's and it was a huge difference. Shortly after I went from Doran's Blade to Boots and pots, and again, MASSIVE difference. Since then, I've stuck to the boots/pots and the 7 AD reds. It's just so much better early game, and early game is what decides late game.

EDIT: Also, I'll duel you if you want. I want to see who wins because of the playstyle comment. :P

xoV

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonards View Post
EDIT: Also, I'll duel you if you want. I want to see who wins because of the playstyle comment. :P
Sure, I wouldn't mind setting that up. But it would have to be done sometime today/tonight, as I won't have access to the net for a week or so afterwards. :/

DaRatmastah

08-31-2011

Personally I like a little more survivability in my early game, so I run AD reds(that plus masteries gets me the AD passive at level 1), than flat armor yellows, CDR blues, and flat HP quints. Then I do boots+pots just like you and on my first trip back I pick up a blasting rod for my AP passive(I always rush rylai's first).

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2011

I'm an akali nub for the most part making sure energy runes < ap ?
Bought them ages ago and never really used

Ayestes

08-31-2011

Akali doesn't need energy runes as she isn't energy starved assuming you don't spam E. She needs her runes to activate both passives by at the latest level two, because boots + x3 pots is exactly what she needs to lane with until level 6 when she has her ultimate. Even then, boots can open up kill opportunities where you would lose out on with Doran's Blade.

Energy runes are fantastic on Kennen and Shen though, where energy starved is the name of their game.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2011

Energy runes suck on Akali.

AreYouReady2Die

08-31-2011

Cool what I thought but wasn't sure. What mastery think I'm running like 16/14 for the +3 ad. Or do most go further in offense?

DMPuffy

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady2Die View Post
Cool what I thought but wasn't sure. What mastery think I'm running like 16/14 for the +3 ad. Or do most go further in offense?
21/0/9 is what I run. I figure I'm an assassin, and I might as well maximize damage potential. Rylais and my shroud are usually all the defense I need. Oh, and yes, get the +3 AD in offense as well.