Runes for DPS Champs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Napalm Backflip

05-20-2010

Hey folks. Closing in on 21 and I have a stockpile of IP that I've been saving for T3 Runes, but I'd like some advice on what to get. So far I don't have a true main, though Twitch and Gangplank are my most played, and I tend to gravitate towards the DPS champs.

I'm trying to start setting up a rune page that will serve me well for a number of different champs.

Right now I'm thinking:

Crit Marks
Flat HP Seals
Cooldown per level Glyphs
HP Quints maybe?

How does this look? Am I aiming in the right direction, or should I look elsewhere? Thanks for the advice.

Bitterz

05-20-2010

I would definitely wait until the next patch to see what they do with armor penetration. I <3 armor pen quints, but they may be changing soon.

Napalm Backflip

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterz View Post
I would definitely wait until the next patch to see what they do with armor penetration. I <3 armor pen quints, but they may be changing soon.
Yeah I was wondering about that. I've heard people say it's getting nerfed, others say 'WHY would you use anything but Armor pen' etc ect. It'll be a while before I have the IP I need anyway, but I'd at least like to make a start.

Callows

05-20-2010

I just hit 25 last night and I've been building up armor pen marks, dodge seals, cooldown/lvl glyphs, and armor pen quints and it seems to be working pretty well on most dps champs. Although I'm not sure how armor pen will be after the new patch either.

I also like the dodge/cooldown set because I can use them in a second book and add magic pen marks for an AP champ.

Michelle Zen

05-20-2010

I spam critical chance runes for my dps champs. I get 20% worth from runes alone.

CxOrillion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2010

If you like gangplank a lot, I heartily recommend filling up your attack runes and quintessences with CritDamage runes. You can push yourself to 233% CritDamage on runes alone. Factor in Infinity Edge and you're talking almost 300% crit damage.