The launcher has experienced an error. Please restart this application

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheUndeadFish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYNVISC View Post
which document in LOL.air
Pay attention to if it is LoL.air or LoL.Game when the patcher is updating my problem has allways been with the LoL.game file and I have been using this bandaid fix for 10 months now.

However this is kinda bull****. In that it is in no way a fault on my end, I have never had this problem on my laptop. My desktop that I installed LoL on would get this error 5 out of every 6 updates, I would assume that 1 out of the 6 didn't actually update this file and was just a hotfix.

I have reinstalled and everything like that multiple times to try and fix this to no avail, and to top it off my brand new desktop that has nothing installed on it but LoL and drivers has this same issue.

Count Tabris

08-10-2010

Sigh, how can I solve the problem and play?

SYNVISC

08-10-2010

wow u gotta be kidding me...i reinstalled now im stuck at patch 28/49 with that same error message...

HorribleJames

08-10-2010

getting this as well.. 90% then the launcher has experienced an error please restart etc etc...

I have windows xp and sp3 and everything is completely up to date. never had issues playing LOL before today.

Kaiixiin

08-10-2010

why always when i get updates my game stops working today it stopped at 99% i installed it 3 times and still doesint work help me i made it work the other time by waiting 1 day but still its suppose to work when i reinstall it

Controlled By Me

08-10-2010

I fixed this by renaming LOL.game.version to LOL2.game.version. The launcher automatically downloads this file again and updates like usual. Don't delete the file- you will need to rename it back to LOL.game.version if this fails for you, but for me it's working. When the game works you're most likely free to delete it.

Estimated patching time is an hour though... So I can't tell if this will allow you to launch the game again yet.

EDIT: It seems this method will start patching it as if it's the first version, or something. It's downloading much more than just the latest patch.

asktiks

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Controlled By Me View Post
I fixed this by renaming LOL.game.version to LOL2.game.version. The launcher automatically downloads this file again and updates like usual. Don't delete the file- you will need to rename it back to LOL.game.version if this fails for you, but for me it's working. When the game works you're most likely free to delete it.

Estimated patching time is an hour though... So I can't tell if this will allow you to launch the game again yet.

EDIT: It seems this method will start patching it as if it's the first version, or something. It's downloading much more than just the latest patch.

this worked for me too

Controlled By Me

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by asktiks View Post
this worked for me too
I just finished patching and it gave me the same error. x_x You might as well turn it off again, since it doesn't work. Still looking for someone else to post a different fix.

Jiaan

08-10-2010

where that file located?

aggg

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Controlled By Me View Post
I just finished patching and it gave me the same error. x_x You might as well turn it off again, since it doesn't work. Still looking for someone else to post a different fix.
Yep, same error, wasted an hour downloading 500 mb