Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

For Karthus enthusiasts.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deusintermen

08-30-2011

So tired of all the opposition and QQing over Karthus being OP, just like any champ he has his checks and balances, he has his points in a match where he is good and points where he is bad. there are plenty of ways to play him and a ridiculous amount of ways to thwart him - especially his ult!!

So essentially this thread is for Karthus enthusiasts who main him or like him or just simply want to learn a few things. I am encouraging anyone to post anything constructive here whether it be how you play him, what items to avoid, how to rape with him, or even (if your feeling brave enough to buff the competition) some effective ways you've seen to stop him.
Karthus is by far my favorite champion and i dont want to see him nerfed because of QQers crawling up riots ass and being annoying.

(I know this post is rough it is my first) p.s. if anyone thinks they are "the best Karthus ever" then i challenge you to a friendly duel we can trade info on why one of us beat the other after the match, kinda want to see where i rank among Karthus players.

EDIT: in case anyone notices, i also posted this in general discussion before realizing that it is probably better suited for here :P so cheers

chaosbeowulf

08-31-2011

Ever tried movement speed quint on Karthus? Suddenly his Q can be used to kill while chasing other opponents on early level, not to mention if you got his W on about lvl. 4. Got this idea from a Karthus vs Karthus match-up, the other guy's Karthus used movement speed quint, and I just can't outrun his Q. Truly a learning experience.

AreYouReady2Die

08-31-2011

Ya the QQ chatter about karthus is annoying, I'm one of the most experinced karthus players in lol (not the best but I'm very good).

There are tons of ways to shut him down, unless your well fed or farmed..

If those steps are defeated its that you were outplayed by better players and team comp.. Play with a soraka on team for god's sake.

He's no more op than kennan akali and morde

Big Fat Juicy

08-31-2011

As a newer, but loving it, level 10 Karthus player.. I'm very interested in little tips and tricks for him like using the speed quint. I took him as my first LoL summoner and play mostly him. I don't get the time to play LoL a lot, but I'm happy with my progress playing him.

Blitz of Wrath

08-31-2011

protip for all the new karthus players. dont build a deathcap. dont you dare. all that ap is useless when you are dead and karthus crumples like a wet flower.

use your filthy deathcap gold for something useful that helps you survive more. YOU WILL GET FOCUSED. EVERYTIME. then they just walk away. get a Zhonyas or an Abyssal scepter. My favorite? Archangels into Will of the Ancients into GUARDIAN ANGEL.

Big Fat Juicy

08-31-2011

I realize there are a lot of guides out there, and I have read as many as I can find, but I'm at the point where it would be helpful for me to know how to alter my build depending on what I'm laning against. Anyone have a plan to follow?

Deusintermen

09-01-2011

a few things to add im glad people are actually using this and are interested. i like the speed quints idea ive seen it done and if you are going to do heavy harass and dodge karthus its a really good idea

a couple ways to shut out karthus ult if you are interested: if you are playing against an early game karthus or caitlyn and dont wont to get last hit with their ult just buy one of the =$250 gold health pots and pop it when you see them ult it will restore more damage than they can do early. for AD hexdrinker is annoying, other items are banshees, zhonyas, and guardian angel.

depending on whether you want to be on the outside of the fight supporting or the inside nuking away you can build accordingly: i build a little tanky with lots of AP and magic pen when i want to be dealing the damage from afar, if you are worried about getting focused i go:(in no particular order) archangels, rod of ages, abyssal scepter, crystal rod, sorcerers boots, and zhonyas.

i also like to 3s with karthus i know i know alot of people just dont understand why you would pick him for 3s but take it from me- a good karthus and even a semi-competent team is OP i usually rush boots and then grab a mejais then play defensively till you get a few stacks, after your ready to rofl stomp grab a needlessly large rod and start steamrolling

on a side note summoner spells: i use flash and exhaust. alot of karthus dont like exhaust but i find that it is effective for offense, evac, and team support. help you or your friends take less damage and get away as well as being able to wall and then when it wears off exhaust guaranteeing you the kill plus with this spell no one can take you lvl one

BTripp

09-01-2011

Your post needs more smileys.

Way more.

Deusintermen

09-01-2011

lol i thought so too ... but decided i wasnt quite THAT happy

Phedopile

09-01-2011

I always build a warmog's on karthus. He feeds it up like nobody's business and you need survivability if you're gonna be all up in there killing people with your AOE.