Promote, How good is it?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pangurassu

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcian Tobay View Post
So the core point of it, then, would be that it distracts one of the enemy Champions to go pay attention to it. It's essentially a card you play when you want the enemy team playing 1 Champ short for a team fight or the like.
That, or to do a strong, fast push to an adjacent enemy tower with an intact minion wave. One or two champs riding a wave like that would require a lot of resources to stop, and could possibly down a tower without a chance for reprisal if the enemy is tied up across the map.

Also, you get cash from its last-hits (which will probably be the whole wave if it's pushing alone), which provides some fire-and-forget gold income if you hit it on cooldown.

All this plus the potential of it doing damage for you in a fight (it'll aggro champs if you take damage, and hurts more than current Supers), and Promote seems like a very solid, versatile choice for a lot of champs, especially if they don't have any summoner skills that are must-haves. The only drawback I can think of is that each additional Promote (over one) that a team takes gets more and more situational and hence, less valuable.

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefkacorn View Post
when minions are capturing a point, is there a specific one that does it? and can we promote him while hes doing it?
You can promote the melee minions of dominion, each wave only spawns one melee minion.

LimitsBane

08-31-2011

i'll definately be using this spell... it looks so good.. but i may have to alternate between this and garrison (because my other spell will be flash).. but then again i may not need flash... i'll have to see how good promote and garrison are

Yaezakura

08-31-2011

I think if I take Promote, I'd basically use it to afk farm minion waves. When the promoted minion kills enemy minions, you earn gold as if you had last-hit the minion yourself. Since waves in Dominion seem to pile up pretty quickly, it could earn you a lot of background gold, and actually place considerable pressure on an undefended enemy point even if none of your team are near it.

Skiggz

08-31-2011

How long does promote last though? Until he dies? I'm assuming there is a time limit.

WSB Xero

08-31-2011

Actually from what I read on the wiki, promote affects super minions, to avoid the whole "Promote 5 minions in a single wave to make the push unstoppable". Super minions in Dominion might be weaker than the versions in Summoner's Rift for balance though.

Heil Teemo

08-31-2011

What's the cool down on Promote?

hawkraider

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasthunterxero View Post
Actually from what I read on the wiki, promote affects super minions, to avoid the whole "Promote 5 minions in a single wave to make the push unstoppable". Super minions in Dominion might be weaker than the versions in Summoner's Rift for balance though.
there are no supers in dominon

KiwiTheTORT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2011

So why can't promote be in SR if you can only promote the unique minion (cannon minions in SR)? It stops the 5 promoted unit push that made promote overpowered the first time around. I always enjoyed taking it with Alistar back in the day.

Heroic Burger

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrick75 View Post
So why can't promote be in SR if you can only promote the unique minion (cannon minions in SR)? It stops the 5 promoted unit push that made promote overpowered the first time around. I always enjoyed taking it with Alistar back in the day.
That, my friend, is a very good question... I would love a summoner's rift promote that only can be used on the cannon minion... that would make the gold gained from it be more worth it since Dominion grants you gold so fast, the extra gold means practically nothing, and asside from the cooldown (which should be as long as ignite i would think) you would also need to wait for a cannon minion wave. But when you did get one, you would have a minion that would be strong with moderate health (not as hard to kill as a Super Minion, but with a high damage medium-ranged attack.) it would be balanced but helpful. I like this idea, i hadnt thought about that till i read this post, thnks