Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Game latency increases +1000 a minute into a game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wernstrum

09-14-2009

Whenever a game starts, around a minute to two minutes into the game, my latency sometimes jumps to around 1000 to 1400 ms, basically making the game unplayable. It stays like this for about a minute, sometimes longer, and then it goes back down to around 40-60 ms and stays there for the rest of the game. This happens with all the different types of games, normal, ranked, solo and arranged. I have seen this not happen on practice games, albeit infrequently. I play the game with a wired connection (although I do have a wireless connection as well), though a Linksys router. I play other online games, and haven't encountered an issue like this before.

1. Logged into the Game Client
2. Clicked on "Play Game."
3. Selected a normal arranged game.
4. Selected Champion "Ashe"
5. Game Launch
6. Game latency increases to 1200ms 1:35 seconds into the game.
7. Game latency decreases to 47ms 2:40 seconds into the game.
8. Latency stays around 40-50 for the rest of the game.